Reminder Secure

Anyone used they home kits to Remove hair Dye

15 December 2011 11:17
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Hi All,

Im thinking of changing my hair colour and going back to my natural brown colour.Its alot lighter than the Dark Brown/ Black ive been using for years. Not that i hate the colour of my hair. i really just want to see whats it like a bit lighter.

So im thinking of using one of those home kits From boots that lifts the colour from your hair. Before i even think of doing it. Has anyone used these before that have been as dark as me. And how succesful are they.

I could go to my hair dressers but it prob would cost me well over £100, which right now i just can not afford  it.

15 December 2011 11:25
rattusratus
Model

i have used them there quite good but there is also a good chance your natural hair isnt the colour it used to be, i started dying my hair at 12 when i was a beautiful natural blond i went natural again at 15 and discovered my hair had gone choclate blonde (almost brown) so i started bleaching it blonde tyhe dying it again then i home stripped it from ebony black now i havnt had it dyed in over 2 years and im a natural red head

if you have used any dye with peroxide your hair will go ginger because peroxide cant be stripped out of your hair although unlike mine the gingerness should grow out over time

hope that helps
ratisha
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

rich Osullivan is off-lineSilver Member
15 December 2011 11:41
canoncan
Photographer
canoncan
Essex
ongar

Go to the hairdressers for advice first
they may take a test cutting first to help you know the outcome before you proceed
i would also suggest a model evening for the apprentices or phone any leading hair colour house like loreal aat hammersmith they all need models for colouring courseso

lastly if you do proceed yourself dont forget to do a skin allergy test first
Rich

15 December 2011 11:52
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Quote from rattusratus
i have used them there quite good but there is also a good chance your natural hair isnt the colour it used to be, i started dying my hair at 12 when i was a beautiful natural blond i went natural again at 15 and discovered my hair had gone choclate blonde (almost brown) so i started bleaching it blonde tyhe dying it again then i home stripped it from ebony black now i havnt had it dyed in over 2 years and im a natural red head if you have used any dye with peroxide your hair will go ginger because peroxide cant be stripped out of your hair although unlike mine the gingerness should grow out over time hope that helps ratisha

The hair dye ive been using has never been permenant colour. only 28 washes. and as ive never lighted my hair. i dont think any of my hair dye's would have peroxide in them.

Thank you anyway. i guess im just a scardy cat incase i hate how my hair will look . lol

15 December 2011 11:54
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Quote from canoncan
Go to the hairdressers for advice first they may take a test cutting first to help you know the outcome before you proceed i would also suggest a model evening for the apprentices or phone any leading hair colour house like loreal aat hammersmith they all need models for colouring courseso lastly if you do proceed yourself dont forget to do a skin allergy test first Rich

I will def enquire with my hairdresser to see what she reccommends.

Yes i always patch test before i dye my hair. even with the same brand i use.

Porcelain is off-line
17 December 2011 15:29
belledelaney
Model
belledelaney
Lancashire
Blackpool

I wouldnt advise stripping for hair at home most ruin your hair x

17 December 2011 16:33
misshellcat
Model

I've used colour B4 and cant recommend it enough!
My hair was in bad condition after several bleachings by the hairdresser,tried that and it left my hair soft and colour free!!

Jenelle_James is off-line
17 December 2011 18:12
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

yep colour b4 is the best at the moment for removing dye at home, ive just used it to take out black to go back to my natural red, u best get 2 boxes though if ur hair is long, it says its safe to use on the box its not the same as dye or the chemicals thats in dye, only thing is tho it totally stinks lol once uve used the stuff take the empty bottles out of ur house rather than leaving it in the bin, it reeks that much ull have a lingerin fart smell if u keep it in ur house, and finally its sold cheaper in superdrug, get extra strength if ur hair is really quite dark.

17 December 2011 20:19
BaileyK
Model

I was going to use colour B4 but checked out the reviews for it and they weren't at all good.
Most people ended up with ginger hair(nothing wrong with that mind you-but they weren't happy) xo

Jenelle_James is off-line
17 December 2011 20:41
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

yes it leaves a copper tone as it completely strips the colour, but its perfectly safe to put hair dye over it straight away for example if u r naturally brunette u can use a brown hair dye after and it covers the copper

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
apriluk chosin JoannaJoy pinklilly RedXXX
63jian andrewk anthonyh antoinewynn asnphotography azurphotos ChrisNewton diphoto djb1 Essexjohn firsttake Ladiesman mike0048 philippahh PhilStorm psn redbaron Rhadamanthus rod_m99 Skystudio
barlowstudios