Reminder Secure

Chubby Knees!

13 December 2011 17:28
River
Model

Despite being a slim size 8, Ive always had quite chubby knees (yes I know...its a funny thing to pick up on!). It might be me being too critical, but there's no harm in self-improvement! Im just wondering (obviously without using surgery) if there are any specific exercises that may help, or is it just genes to blame?
Thanks,
River
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

13 December 2011 18:33
BicycleRacer
Photographer

Quote from River

just genes to blame !

ICONIC :P is off-line
13 December 2011 18:56
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

or swolen - could be retaining water in your knees - best to ask a doctor ?
pissing purestorm off since 2009

13 December 2011 19:08
RussFreeman
Photographer

Quote from Iconic

Are you sure? I mean isn't a photography based forum the best place to get legal, medical and spiritual guidance?
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.

Razoir is off-line
13 December 2011 19:33
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Quote from Iconic

As in pre-patella bursitis?

Doubt it. Wrong kind of shape and also painful, so she probably has chubby knees. Better than having Spike Milligan's knees. QV. Puckoon.
Young people, don't bother, I acn't be ar*ed to explain.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

13 December 2011 19:41
DeeElegia
Model

Quote from River
or is it just genes to blame?

Genes I'd say.
I've got my Pops' legs complete with knobbly, chubby knees. I don't worry about it.
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
13 December 2011 19:44
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Without pictures this thread is ................

13 December 2011 19:56
JadedRed
Model

Quote from RussFreeman
Are you sure? I mean isn't a photography based forum the best place to get legal, medical and spiritual guidance?

I find its the best place to ridicule legal, medical and spiritual guidance.

13 December 2011 21:02
Tidal_Kitten
Model

Not really a lot you can do...It's mainly hereditary/genes. Shy of getting some definition in your quads, you're probably being overly self-critical. The one problem with working your quads is they'll look quite muscley...which would alter your look. As to the positive/negative impact of that, it's down to you.

I'd leave 'em...though.

Just Sayin'...
More than just Kibbles and Bits

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
14 December 2011 08:04
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Lots of glamour models in the past have had less than perfect legs...so they just did 3/4 length shots...
I wouldn't worry too much... You are a beautiful young lady!
However...
This might be of help River...http://forums.vogue.com.au/archive/index.php/t-144305.html
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pinklilly
Auctioneer Cgdublin firsttake grahamsphotography JSP just_lez Kjoservices Willy_O