Reminder Secure

My new book

This thread is being watched by 2 people
05 December 2011 02:29
schotz
Photographer

I just received my new book from Blurb which I'm very pleased with. It's 120 pages of art nude and portrait photography covering the period from 2007 when I first joined a model website to 2011.

It's a personal project so I'm not expecting to sell it but for anybody interested here is a link to preview it.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2695273
Consistently Inconsistent

George Swift is off-line
05 December 2011 03:29
gsphoto
Photographer
gsphoto
Tyne and Wear

An amazing collection of truly creative images which you must be really proud of Scott,well done.
George.
"if people were meant to be naked, they would have been born that way."

05 December 2011 03:36
schotz
Photographer

Thank you George it took a while to put together but I'm with the result.

Scott

George Swift is off-line
05 December 2011 03:39
gsphoto
Photographer
gsphoto
Tyne and Wear

I,m half way through mine but then iv,e been half way through for over a year!!

05 December 2011 03:45
schotz
Photographer

Mine took four years to complete so you have plenty of time left. Once I decided to get it done it was quite intense spending hours sat at my desk going back through old hard drives. Deciding which ones to leave out was the hardest part.

Scott

05 December 2011 03:47
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Excellent work, wouldn't look out of place in any book store.

So how does it work? Is Blurb like Red Bubble tshirts where the print doesn't "exist" until someone buys it?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Jbwalton is off-line
05 December 2011 03:49
jbwalton
Photographer

Strathclyde

Quote from gsphoto
I,m half way through mine but then iv,e been half way through for over a year!!

Only half way through???? Id have thought you could make up a dozen books from your cutting room floor so to speak..... youve got soooooooo many great images. Even a miserable sod like me would buy it when its done

05 December 2011 03:54
schotz
Photographer

Quote from cambsfetish
Excellent work, wouldn't look out of place in any book store.

So how does it work? Is Blurb like Red Bubble tshirts where the print doesn't "exist" until someone buys it?

Thanks for your comments. I'm not sure how Red Bubble works but with Blurb you can make it public or keep it private, it's up to you to decide. Just download their template and choose from the printing options, it's that simple. I have done three books with them and always choose the hardback covers and upgrade the paper. I figure if I'm spending a lot of money to photograph models it would be crimminal to scrimp on the book.

Scott

George Swift is off-line
05 December 2011 03:58
gsphoto
Photographer
gsphoto
Tyne and Wear

Quote from jbwalton

Only half way through???? Id have thought you could make up a dozen books from your cutting room floor so to speak..... youve got soooooooo many great images. Even a miserable sod like me would buy it when its done

Thanks JB,
The trouble is that when i sit down i can,t decide what to leave out so i walk away from it !!

sharon is off-lineSilver Member
05 December 2011 05:25
shazza09
Model
shazza09
Lincolnshire
louth

fantastic work scott,a great range of amazing work and models.i so admire your work.well done.x

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
HazelAries Satrina
AegeanSoft Andy_B BrianE Camerawerks cgwebster chazphotos cliffc dorrian Eaphotography GatorBoi GGDP_Photography grahamsphotography JRsPhotography philippahh Redbaron rscott360 STUDIOMERLIN thelook Weedy