Eden Bailey Photography is off-line
29 November 2011 09:51
EdenBailey
Photographer
EdenBailey
Suffolk
West Suffolk

Hi everyone,

A co worker of mine is going to her daughters wedding this weekend and wants to get a decent water prrof mascara!

She tells me that she's tried one or two and you can't seem to get a good build up/ thickness with these when compared to standard mascara...

Any advice I can pass onto her would most appreciated

Thanks

Glenn x

Claire Shipman is off-line
29 November 2011 14:46
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Hi Glenn,

Try Loreal Telescopic, I sub-merged it into a swimming pool on a model and it did not budge, also Loreal Volume Million Lashes in waterproof is good price and seperates and volumisises nicely, your looking at between £9.99 and £11.99 for those, there is also Max Factor the original Aqua Lash think thats about £8.99 and legendary, worth a try at that price!

However it is a special occasion so if she does want to 'splash out' so to speak here are some 'designer' options and some favorites of mine:

Guerlain's waterproof mascara around £26
Dior show Blackout in waterproof around £24

Let her know that if she does cry remember to pat very gently on the undereye with a tissue do not rub or scrub as this may move the make up around. Powder sparingly* under the eye this will prevent any grease (From the foundation, mouisteriser, base etc) from rubbing onto lashes and transferring the mascara to the undereye as oil based products are what remove water based mascara so even the best waterproof mascaras can budge onto the undereye when the correct prep has not been applied.

I hope this helps,
Claire

Eden Bailey Photography is off-line
30 November 2011 05:24
EdenBailey
Photographer
EdenBailey
Suffolk
West Suffolk

Hi Claire,

Thank you so much for the detailed reply, very, very kind!! I've passed this onto to the 'Mother of The Bride' Tina and she is touched...

Take care

Glenn x

Sammyj is off-line
14 February 2012 12:31
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Try Estae Lauder doublewear mascara its not waterproof but it does a great job of being waterproof.
It builds well, stays put and comes off a lot easier that waterproof, with a good eye make up remover
Good luck
Samantha

Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

20 May 2012 14:51
CarolineAlexander
Model

I was about to post a thread asking the same question as I am going on holday next week, thanks for the recommendations!

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
21 May 2012 05:33
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Another route is to dye the eyelashes and use a clear lacquer. This won't give the volume maybe but is great for holidays.

Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
roxsanniebel ryansd
Daddylonglense davidn dorrian eosfan imageatthemill Images1854 jccj1 lify mlp Mwphotos plymjack powerbook92 Reynard scott24 stevegosh Steveh32 Steveharratt talldave68 vjmatt wayne Willjamieson