This thread is being watched by 1 person
Jay R Tog is off-line
15 November 2011 11:18
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
Photographer
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
London
london/kent

hahaha the reason everybody is saying NO (me included) is coz we all guilty of the equivilant of "facebook stalking" we dont want people to know we check up on them
Don't take care, take risks

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
15 November 2011 11:27
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from Josh_Woodcock_Photography
hahaha the reason everybody is saying NO (me included) is coz we all guilty of the equivilant of "facebook stalking" we dont want people to know we check up on them

Do we really want to know who's slavering over the nudes etc.....in our port 
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Profile Pictures is off-line
15 November 2011 11:30
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I can't imagine it matters much really? If you're scouting for a photographer, or a model, then you go find one, look at their work, maybe check work they've done with others.......thats the point of the site.

if you decide to message, leave a compliment, book, ask a question of someone, well, you just do. if you've no interest in working with them or any dialogue, then you don't.

What would be the point of providing some measure of how many other members viewed your (member viewable) profile, then decided not to interact in any way?

I regularly browse and search to see who's about, check out what other photographers are shooting, see how models contribute to good pictures, but if I happen across a port that makes me shudder, i move on sharpish, what point in letting someone know 'profilepictures felt unable to say anything nice, so he didn't say anything' in some cyber (un)popularity contest?

Theres enough of that stuff goes on in threads already i think, variants of 'who thinks who is great?' etc, for us to add to if we want, without 'who's of little or no interest' data.

Just to add a bit of controversy, it seems so lacking recently...why is anyone embarrassed at the suggestion a tog or model might think along the lines of 'woah! She/he is a brilliant model/photographer, I'd like to shoot with him/her' Its hardly stalking is it, and not really an unnatural reaction from a human or aesthetic point of view, what's with all the coy malarkey?

Rupert Rudd is off-line
15 November 2011 12:13
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Got to go with the no vote. Cannot face the thought of finding I only get one visitor every three months and then discovering I was the visitor.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Paul Hodson is off-line
15 November 2011 12:14
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from profilepictures
............... but if I happen across a port that makes me shudder, i move on sharpish...............

.....but only after saving it as a "favourite" in a special section smiley
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Profile Pictures is off-line
15 November 2011 12:20
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Quote from mph
.....but only after saving it as a "favourite" in a special section smiley

For once perhaps, our views alignindecision

15 November 2011 12:36
PUNKuate
Photographer

I think the really bad people get more views than the good, judging from my facebook feed. So it always quite amuses me when people on Net Model go "OMG, I've got 5000 views".
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

Paul Hodson is off-line
15 November 2011 12:48
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from profilepictures
For once perhaps, our views alignindecision

cheekysmiley
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
27 November 2011 18:46
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from gerryquiff
NO, NO, and thrice, NO.

Sounds like the OP is looking for a Lurkio.

John

Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Claretberet danixhale ElleLaura Emmaheron Genevil hazel_rose LucasJacques missloulou
ad360photo antoinewynn bob22 digitizer frank4 GSC4X guitarman jwd1 Kjoservices Ladiesman MIB peterh rscott360 Snooper911 Steveh32 xposed
Lensmaster