model seeking cheap formal gowns

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Saphire Blu is off-line
12 November 2011 07:25
IndiaST
Model

Gloucestershire
Gloucester

I enter beauty pageants and I'm looking for show stopping wedding, formal and prom gowns cheap that I can use in my next pageant, the price would have to include p + p and the most I'm looking to spend is 100. Please inbox me if you can help me out and supply pictures Thank you!
Saphire

14 November 2011 09:50
MissWilling
Model

what size are you hun? x

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
14 November 2011 13:35
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Have you tried any Second Shops near you?

I haunt ours! They have beautiful ballgowns etc., at a fraction of the original price.
Even charity shops have some lovely dresses and there are second hand designer wear shops too...

Google your area - you might be surprised at what you can find right on your own doorstep.

Even the local newspapers for sale ads can come up trumps...save you the cost of postage...

Or Ebay maybe...but then postage involved.

Be creative and use your little grey cells...

Maybe there is a dress maker in your area who could create a 'one off' gown at reasonable cost. A friend of mine did this..a lovely fish tail dress and won her particular beauty contest.

When I use to enter beauty contests  many years ago, beautiful formal dresses were like gold dust, so I wore a bright red, satin night dress once (lined) and won!

Or contact a dress designer in your area, explain your 'mission' - see if you can borrow a gown. If you win, then great publicity for them.

And eh um...what is your dress size?

Good luck!broken heart
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Saphire Blu is off-line
16 November 2011 21:44
IndiaST
Model

Gloucestershire
Gloucester

I am size 8 or 10 usually babe, thank you both for your help!
I've been trawling my local charity shops and can't find anything that's my size and that I can customize!
Ebay has been helpful though I got a beautiful dress for 35.00 off there the other day!
I am going to see a couple of dressmakers tomorrow so hopefully they will be reasonable priced!
Thank you both again xx

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz mlknetwork