This thread is being watched by 1 person
Jodi Lou is off-line
04 November 2011 10:56
jodieF
Model
jodieF
Dorset
Weymouth/Travel UK Wide

What with this awful weather we are having lately, and the winter months upon us, my lovely golden mediterranean tan is fading fast!! I hate looking pasty white at shoots and I know most togs absolutely loathe fake tan but I really dont think I can do a decent shoot without looking a little tanned. Im a regular sunbed user, but I have had so many this year already I dont want to go through the winter months using a sunbed every few days, (and apparently the reccommended amount to use a year is 40)!! So just wondering if anyone knows of a fab fake tan that can be used and obviously the key things are natural looking and without leaving streaks.
Thanks!!

Jodi

04 November 2011 11:49
Madeleine_138
Model

the best "at home" tanning agents to use are spray (not sure what brand though), as youre much less likely to get streaks that way. of course, I believe if you want the best go to the best! a professional spray tan is always worth it.
I have started training in spray tanning (after years of being against fake tan), Im not sure on the best brand to go for "in salon" but if you tell the beautician you go to for a light natural tan, you'd be impressed at how natural it looks and how well it lasts. I myself dont think the tanned look suits me but my boss did mine a while ago and I was very impressed...no orange, no streaks and looked pretty nice actually!

Tony Nutley is off-lineGold Member
04 November 2011 12:04
TonyNutley
Photographer
TonyNutley
Hampshire
Southampton/Littlehampton

Don't even think of what the 'best' is, don't have a fake tan at all, ever, they are most photographers biggest nightmare.

Being 'white' is absolutely no problem, photographers within reason can make you look any colour they want.

I'd rather a model had white skin, than almost any other variation, apart of course than a natural ethnic colour.

04 November 2011 12:11
DeeElegia
Model

... not to tan.
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

Clyde Armitage is off-line
04 November 2011 12:16
clyde
Photographer

London

Def no to tan. and natural always best. I like most togs are not fans of fake in a bottle/spray/salon.

04 November 2011 12:16
rattusratus
Model

unrelated but i saw a tanning shop called tangerine dream on tuesday.... made me
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

04 November 2011 13:33
1919_Images
Photographer

Theres no such thing as a 'natural looking fake tan' .

04 November 2011 13:40
River
Model

I'd just stick with a moisturiser with a gradual tan. Skin can get very dry in the winter with all the cold wind/central heating etc, so a moisturiser will be an added benefit. i've got the palmer's cocoa butter gradual bronze moisturiser and use it once or twice a week
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

04 November 2011 14:42
HannahJx
Model

I'm naturally stupidly pale, and although when I fake tan I feel sexy, I love being pale and a bit different x
I can't get my forum picture up.. :(

04 November 2011 17:06
NehaP
Model

Don't tan! Natural = beautiful! Tans are really overrated, I don't know why people like them. My family and a lot of Indians think the paler someone is, the more beautiful they are!
Have you ever derped so hard you herped?

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz casell lfc9_uk