This thread is being watched by 1 person
Paul Hodson is off-line
14 January 2012 11:14
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Bearing in mind the "last logged in date" - what's the problem?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Anthonygh is off-line
15 January 2012 09:46
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Personally, I would suggest that free accounts automatically expire unless logged into on a regular basis (whatever that period might be).

I suspect a straw poll would show that most photographers would prefer a list of active members...and most models don't care.....

ato is off-line
30 May 2014 15:37
atumeda
Photographer

Lothian

last login 2009 or older

search for models

what is the point to keep such old profiles in the search?

These models do not log in again here, obviously. Don't tell me some are still looking (and waiting for a miracle) without loging in.

its like hording the unsuccessful. RIP.

Moderator Input.
Please see here:- 
Timed out members

Quote Our webmaster, Matt, has stated many times that he sees no reason to purge these profiles
and as it is Matt who has to ensure Purestorm's smooth running we assume he knows best.

Laura McIntyre (née Ford) is off-line
30 May 2014 16:28
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Lothian
West Lothian and Edinburgh

Folk usually say that it's because the site is primarily a portfolio hosting site and people don't technically have to log in to use it as such. I personally think a model portfolio that's been left alone for over 5 years becomes utterly useless (who looks exactly the same after 5 years?!) and a photographer's style can change dramatically in that time too. I reckon more people probably use the site to advertise/arrange shoots than simply to show off 10 pictures, there are plenty of sites where you can upload a much higher volume of photos for free to reference people to, so those ancient accounts - some of which were never updated since the day the person joined - are completely pointless to keep active. Maybe it's all about the numbers for the appearance of popularity? Who knows.
A dry sponge is a happy sponge.

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
30 May 2014 17:47
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

I agree entirely. Said it before, (and been castigated for saying it), - members should be required to log in regularly and if you don't your account is frozen. During the winter I become inactive photographically but look through this site and others for potential models for the following spring. You can guarantee come the spring, 75% of those I selected won't have logged in since the previous year.

faces is off-line
30 May 2014 18:17
rodandthefaces
Photographer

Tyne and Wear

Quote from atumeda
search for models

what is the point to keep such old profiles in the search?

These models do not log in again here, obviously. Don't tell me some are still looking (and waiting for a miracle) without loging in.

its like hording the unsuccessful. RIP.

I too have raised the same topic in the forum. Half these models may well have given up modelling, which is probably the reason that they have not logged on to the site for seven years or more in some cases.

05 May 2015 10:03
paulbatterbury
Photographer

Trimming off the dead wood

Hello,

A few times now when I have been looking to contact models directly for work.

I have done a search, but look at some of the result, I noticed that the dates of when the model last logged in, can be 2, 4 years or even more. So is there some way you can cut portofilio that are no longer in use, it must be better in the long run for the site and for the other users that do use the site everyday.

Merci
Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
31 May 2015 15:04
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

re;Old Profiles

Think this or something similar has been approached, going thru my "sent msgs" there still are models  showing but havent been active since 2012....Just wondering what the 'membership' stats would be if all models/photographers/mua/studios etc who hadnt logged on since say 2012 were deleted.....TOO much of a shock to numbers?...
The "membership" stats are to include free and paid members,altho, paid members surely will have logged in in 2015?

Steve Walsh is off-line
31 May 2015 16:06
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

Nope. I have seen silver members who haven't logged in this year.

David Hunt is off-line
01 June 2015 06:20
dhuntuk
Photographer

Surrey
Camberley

no, no, no, no! LOL

All old profiles serve as advertising for any given site.

Think of it this way:- Joe Bloggs wonderes if Daisy May is still modelling as he would like to contact her. So, Joe performs an internet search and her old profile on Purestorm is there. But she has not signed in for a few years. But, this Purestorm site looks good. I will join it. And, the story ends with Joe possibly joining the ranks of paid membership.

A photographer I know had the same argument with admin on here about three and a half years ago. They had a hissing fit and suspended him.

I myself have been happily perusing the forums on here for years but only joined last year. And, I can see the benefit of not removing old profiles.

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bluesapphire dillon1993 Krystald RobynJayne toxicinnocence
Boosh D_H_P djb1 fannmore firsttake GlasgowPhotographer IanHighlander James7799 john_at_tina_spice JohnWindsor jpegster lester2705 liteangle MauricesImagery midnite Musicman muz nemesis philippahh photomart rembrandt Rhadamanthus rod_m99 rscott360 Scotography Sp_digital Stoker streetmodel trampmajor Willy_O