Hertfordshire

+1...purge 'em.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
19 December 2011 15:14
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Sorry chaps I had not realised that it has been covered before.
It just came to my attenton just now when I did a search of the local area and saw members who had not signed in for years.
Never thought about the site stats.

Cheers
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
19 December 2011 15:15
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from RedChecker
The T&C's should be changed to a use it or lose it policy, even if it means you have to log in once every year it will purge an awful lot of dormant profiles.

I agree with this.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
19 December 2011 15:16
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Surely the log-in stat is a key guide when searching and can't you search by last log anyway!

14 January 2012 07:31
DerwentPromotions
Agency

Those of us who are regulars on PS know how to sort out the real models from the rest but we forget that newcomers join and don't understand the system. I know fot gos who have joined and discovewred a hundred or more models in their county and thus fired off job offers to the ones they like or are nearby. They don't understand that the models have not logged in for months and that of the hundred profiles only a handful are actively seeking work.
Now when you send a PM the model(or tog) gets an email saying their is a message on the site for them. If they are so disinterested that they do not log in and read the message then do they deserve to be here?
I have to say I don't get the "portfolio hosting" concept. It's only 6 photos and if I wanted to show off lots of photos there are plenty of sites like Flickr that allow unlimited number of shots.
When you set up a profile you have to tick the work areas that you are interested in. If you don't actually want to work you should not tick anyon of then surely? I think 99% of the dead profiles are either there because the girl can't be bothered to delete it or she links it to her FaceBook page to tell her pals she is a model.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
14 January 2012 08:01
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Don't you have another record in your collection? You've been playing this one to death for as long as I can remember.
Bob

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
14 January 2012 08:06
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Bob
Don't you have another record in your collection? You've been playing this one to death for as long as I can remember.

The old ones are the best though!
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

John VonGeezer is off-line
14 January 2012 08:43
GaryWallace
Photographer

Dorset
Bournemouth

Quote from DerwentPromotions
 I know fot gos who have joined and discovewred a hundred or more models in their county and thus fired off job offers to the ones they like or are nearby. They don't understand that the models have not logged in for months and that of the hundred profiles only a handful are actively seeking work. .

They are stupid then, there is a clearly displayed indication of when anyone joined, updated or last logged on. If they cannot work that out maybe they shouldnt be allowed out.

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
14 January 2012 09:05
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Quote from WebModerator

Matt has intimated several times that on space grounds there is no need to "clean up" the database.

All members are able to view Date Joined / Last Updated / Last Login dates on every profile.
All members can Search using chronological  Joined / Updated / Login statistics (ranked by Upgrade).
Gold and Platinum members can also view intitial contact message Reply Rates.
From this it should be possible to see if the member is active or just using the site for portfolio hosting.

~~~~~~~~

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
14 January 2012 09:25
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

I agree, less than 9 shots in two and a bit years clear them out!!!!! They just clog up the system.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Cody SophieLouise1991 tim Zadi
antoinewynn chriscooze ChrisD cliffc david1500 duncanjames grahamsphotography James7799 Ladiesman Leztec MIB modelboutique modjo30 Npick1 plaatjesmaker rscott360 shinywear stevegosh Stoker w4pictures westend_portfolios will_i_am
tim