Reminder Secure

Merged : Old Profiles

This thread is being watched by 1 person
04 November 2011 05:22
donmack
Photographer

Hit a raw nerve? No need to shout!  When viewing a search stream I don't want to see suppressed items coming up.

Keith is off-line
10 November 2011 06:58
Keith1
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Keith1
Lincolnshire
Sutton on Sea

[ Merged ]

Profiles should be removed from Purestorm if they haven't been visited by the model for several months. It usually means they are no longer working as models.

Neil Anderson is off-line
10 November 2011 07:01
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Why ?
You can see this infomation clearly and avoid or at least approach the model knowing that you are unlikely to get an answer.

It is not uncommon for models to disappear for several months for personal reasons (such as pregnancy)
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Quane is off-line
10 November 2011 07:04
Alister
Photographer
Alister
Dorset
Bournemouth

This is a portfolio hosting site, blah, blah. Very easy to avoid non-working people with the search function. See the many previous discussions on this subject for the pro's and con's.
"If i could only shoot with one photographer ever again i would pick Alister. I've grown as a model since shooting with him. " - Mimi C

Ken Pegg is off-line
10 November 2011 07:06
kenp
Photographer
kenp
Dorset
Weymouth

Quote from Keith1
Profiles should be removed from Purestorm if they haven't been visited by the model for several months. It usually means they are no longer working as models.

Should the same apply to photographers or just the little women?

Keith is off-line
10 November 2011 07:15
Keith1
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Keith1
Lincolnshire
Sutton on Sea

Quote from kenp
Should the same apply to photographers or just the little women?

Little women? No I meant all heights

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
19 December 2011 14:58
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

[ Merged : Members who are not active. ]

Can purestorm try to remove members who are no longer active.

Another site of which I was a member emailed me as I had not signed in to the site in over a year asking me if I wanted to leave.

I asked them to remove me.

Perhaps Purestorm could email non active members asking them if they wished their accounts closed.

If the person asked for the account to be closed then the accounts can be closed, if their is no reply then the accounts are suspended incase the person wishes to join again.

If the person is still interested then this may bring them back to the site.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

19 December 2011 15:02
Redmond_Photography
Photographer

It's already been said before but having so many members, active or not, is good for the site's stats.
'Don't just take the shot...Make the shot' - www.redmondphotography.co.uk

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
19 December 2011 15:04
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

It's been covered many times before, David.
Many of the members only use it to host their images, and generally have no need to log in.......it's their choice
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 December 2011 15:07
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The T&C's should be changed to a use it or lose it policy, even if it means you have to log in once every year it will purge an awful lot of dormant profiles.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Andy_B david1500 duncanjames Ladiesman MIB mlp panda49 philippahh PhilStorm pixelking