Cristabel is off-line
27 October 2011 02:59
Cristabel
Model
Cristabel
Wrexham
Wrexham

Morning all.

I am looking for some advice. I am seriously considering becoming a professional freelance MUA, but I am unsure how to go about it all. My local college offers a part time VTCT Level 2 course in cosmetic make up and beauty consultancy. Another option in a open college course I can study for at home which is an NVQ level 2 or 3 in beauty make up. They are quite expensive, but I am going to take it seriously and hopefully make a career out of it, so if it is worth the money I will happily pay it.

I just want to know which course would be the best for me to take, or is there something else I could consider?

What qualifications have MUAs achieved on here?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Paul Ottey is off-lineSilver Member
27 October 2011 03:10
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
Staffordshire

A number of the makeup artists I have worked with in TV and film have been here   http://www.schoolofmakeup.co.uk/
Video Shizzle https://vimeo.com/user2367653/videos

Cristabel is off-line
27 October 2011 03:31
Cristabel
Model
Cristabel
Wrexham
Wrexham

Thanks for the link. The courses on there sounds great! Unfortunately I would only be able to study part time because of work and child commitments.

Forgot to say before- I'm based in Wrexham, North Wales. I am looking for something local, especially if it's an evening course.

Troy Dennison is off-line
27 October 2011 03:38
Troydennison
Make-up Artist
Troydennison
Staffordshire

The VTCT course is a good foundation course for you - it will cover all the Health & Safety aspects you need to be aware of as an MUA, give you an understanding of the skin, and also give you some other useful skills.
You should look at VTCT Lvl2 Fashion & Photographic make-up as well - because there are other things you need to be aware of for photographic, film, etc work

Cristabel is off-line
27 October 2011 04:27
Cristabel
Model
Cristabel
Wrexham
Wrexham

Thanks =) very helpful information

Sammyj is off-line
02 March 2012 08:24
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

I have 
 VTCT Make up artist level 2 beauty consultancy/Fashion & photographic
      Make up artist level 3 theatrical & media make up hair and wigs 
  NVQ Hairdressing level 2 styling, cutting & colouring 
      Hairdressing level 3 advanced styling/cutting/colouring and colour correction

and i am still learning new things all the time from top industry professionals
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Baileysandcream Brightonblonde Charlotte90 chosin
chasJ duncanjames humphries Jobe kai_kul kizer Kjoservices mrdl nemesis pcmphotography photoman50 powerbook92 skinz skymouse stevegosh swalsh58 visions11