75 blood donations

This thread is being watched by 2 people
The Professor is off-lineGold Member
27 December 2011 05:58
Fuchsia1942
Photographer
Fuchsia1942
Glasgow

Hi every one. Just a seasonal reminder that this is the time of the year that the BTS across the country are particularly looking for donors. I have posted a couple of images of the lovely Charlene and Lucy as a reminder to PS members. The T-shirts come free to donors at the Glasgow Centre, or at least to me. Good wishes to all donors and future donors on Purestorm for Christmas and the New Year. Congratulations to all who have proferred an arm to the Blood transfusion Services across the UK. I intend to continue donating in 2012 to reach my new target.

Hannah Ashlea is off-line
27 December 2011 06:31
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

They're not lying! Despite my terrible fear of people poking sharp things at/in me, I gave blood for the first time last week, spurred on by this thread.
I repeat - they're NOT lying! It's so easy, it's basically pain free, the nurses are lovely and very nice when you mention that you're nervous. Add to that the chocolate, biscuits, orange juice and mince pies and you'll find that giving blood is fine! 

So, donation #1 out the way, and I'll definitely be back!
Professional Fashion, Latex and Nude model ~ Brunette ~ Freckles ~ www.hannahashlea.blogspot.com

27 December 2011 10:23
ALEXA1970
Model

I went to a blood donation once (I do go when I can) and the person next to me used to time his donation, his record was 3 and a half minutes start to finish ! I was flabberghasted, mine takes a good 6 mins at least !

29 December 2011 07:08
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

Mine took 4 min 17 seconds, the nurse said it was very quick
Professional Fashion, Latex and Nude model ~ Brunette ~ Freckles ~ www.hannahashlea.blogspot.com

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
26 January 2012 13:06
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

It's a New Year and they still need your blood.........it doesn't grow on trees. 

Here's the links:

The Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service

Give Blood England and Wales

Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

26 January 2012 14:10
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

I'll definitely be going back when I'm in the U.K again (not in June when I come back on holiday though as I have to wait 6 months after all the vaccinations I've had!).
More so, since I discovered the other day that I have a rare blood type, only 7% of the U.K have it, so I couldn't possibly NOT donate again!

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
24 May 2012 05:10
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Just another bump. 

It's summertime, and they all still need blood. 

Here's the links:

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Frank Sinnott is off-line
24 May 2012 07:12
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

A note to any that say yes I will donate blood as I know it's the right thing to do. Me Me Me if only I listened to myself. I've never given blood and it's not because I didn't want to. It's because oh! I must to that and another day goes by and so on. Whilst on jury service there was the transfusion van parked across the road and I thought wow I've no excuse now.

Bloody thing was closed and another day gone. I've now had my second dose of DVT deep vein thingybob and will most likely be on warfarin for the rest of my days. Alas it means I can't donate blood, my head hangs duly in shame. My organs are down for donation and as I don't drink or smoke they should be good for something. I really hope so, apparently there's a new drug on the market that might replace warfarin. Hopefully it might allow me to donate blood. However hats off to those that just do it.

24 May 2012 09:23
Socialdisaster
Photographer

I once went to give blood and was told I couldn't. Still, well done / good cause etc.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Keiralavelle Natalie120525 ryansd
a24udi andygstudios antoinewynn bbphotos bengie Blancho Cg123 Davidhepworth DJ200 djb1 domnumberone Flanders Fstop gperl ignite James7799 jccj1 jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto kimphot metroman MIB modelboutique psn scottmcccxiv sniffer Spiritofwales stevegosh swalsh58 thelook TonyNutley