This thread is being watched by 2 people
gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
26 October 2011 18:44
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Excuse my arrogance, however I received an award for 75 blood donations this afternoon and I'm really proud of this acheivement.

I'd also like to take this chance to plug the blood transfusion services that save lives every day.

The Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service

Give Blood England and Wales

What better way to get a free coffee and jaffa cake.smiley

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Glasgow Photographer is off-line
26 October 2011 18:53
GlasgowPhotographer
Photographer
GlasgowPhotographer
Strathclyde
Glasgow

Good on you - nice one m8
Regards, George http://www.monapics.com/html/blog.html

27 October 2011 00:30
twentytwenty
Photographer

Jealous use to give 4 pints a year, until I needed a major transfusion, now I cannot under law donate any more.

But well done mate. 75 pints is some benchmark. if more people were like you, then we would not be suffering from blood shortages.

27 October 2011 01:42
DeeElegia
Model

Awesome. Well done Gerry.
I had to have a blood transfusion after an operation a few years ago, so I'm very appreciative and thankful to people like yourself.
I only wish that I could donate too.
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

Ian Coyle is off-lineGold Member
27 October 2011 02:18
Mark_Time
Photographer
Mark_Time
Lothian
Livingston

Well done Gerry, I reached 65 donations before they decided I couldnt give anymore as I had received a transfusion during the 80's and I may be at risk of carrying CJD I had donated around 50 tiems since the transfusion too.
Im not racist. I hate everyone!

Nick Brabner is off-line
27 October 2011 02:23
Chrestomatics
Photographer
Chrestomatics
Merseyside
Liverpool

Well done Gerry,

I reckon that equates to at least twelve major trauma victims that are still able to wake up the next morning.

It is such a selfless act that you should be very proud of.

27 October 2011 04:40
Grez
Model

well done mate

27 October 2011 05:14
gmcphotography
Photographer

Excellent work Gerry. That really is an achievement to be proud of. I think I'm only at about 20 donations so 75 is mindboggling to me.

cheers

Gordon

Rod Macdonald is off-line
27 October 2011 05:15
rod_m99
Photographer
rod_m99
Cambridgeshire
Cambridge

Also envious - only discovered I have high blood pressure when I went to donate and they checked my bp. And with high bp, you can't donate.

Orson Carter is off-line
27 October 2011 05:38
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Somerset
near Frome

Well done. I've only just got to the 50. 

To anyone reading this... If you're able to give blood, there's local sessions all over the country. You'll find details on the net. It will take less than an hour of your time. Does it hurt? No - I'm the world's No.1 wimp, and if I can put up with a small needle being slid into the arm (the same as any minor injection), anyone can put up with it. Are you likely to feel ill afterwards? Very, very, very unlikely - I've been to 50 sessions and, assuming an average of, say, 30 people per session, that's 1500 other donors I've seen - and I've only ever seen one of them feel a bit wobbly. (That guy had come straight from a strenuous tennis match so he was knackered to start with.) The worst part of a donor session? It's the cup of tea afterwards - it's never strong enough.

If none of that pleading has any effect, let me slap your consciences with this...  If you had an accident and needed blood, you'd expect it to be available. It's got to come from somewhere...
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray catherinewilliams Charley1986 ElleLaura fionajane xamberx
bbphotos Blancho dorrian edb ellessephotography Flanders jas Kjoservices Mike103 Oberonfoto Peterashuk philippahh prestigephil stevegosh steveh32 Steveharratt tms
harbourstudio