Reminder Secure

Shall I go brunette...?

18 October 2011 09:05
River
Model

I'm thinking of going a little darker for the winter. I'm naturally dark blonde, but have highlighted my hair. I can't afford to visit the hairdresser at the moment so it would be a D.I.Y job, however, I'm not sure how to go about it. I've tried doing it once before but it went slightly greenish and washed out in 2 days (with a semi permanent dye). Would doing brunette lowlights work with a cap? What sort of shade do I need?
Thanks all sad

"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

20 October 2011 02:42
Tansy_Blue
Model

I would say NOOO because I love your current hair, I don't want it to change!

Personally I'd be too scared of ruining my hair to dye it at home.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

20 October 2011 03:02
N_A_Photography
Photographer

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't do it I love your blonde locks
WWW.NIKKALAADES.COM

20 October 2011 03:02
Codex
Photographer

I would say the natural waves in your hair suit blonde more - stick with what you have

20 October 2011 10:50
River
Model

Oooo its a tough one might put a 'shampoo in, shampoo out' one on it, laugh at myself, then wash it out I like blonde, but the bloomin boyfriend thinks brown would look nice. Men eh
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

20 October 2011 11:01
Redmond_Photography
Photographer

No!
'Don't just take the shot...Make the shot' - www.redmondphotography.co.uk

Fleur du Mal is off-lineSilver Member
20 October 2011 11:30
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
This member has been reset to pending
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from River
Oooo its a tough one might put a 'shampoo in, shampoo out' one on it, laugh at myself, then wash it out I like blonde, but the bloomin boyfriend thinks brown would look nice. Men eh

Yeah ... they often don't shampoo out.  My housemate and I put a black 'wash out' dye on for Halloween one year.  My hair stayed purplish black for a month or so, and his blond hair stayed dark brown for about three ...

Your blonde is your biggest selling point.  Remember how many people commented when you posted that crash helmet picture?  I think you may lose a bit of work if you go brunette.  Natural blondes are rare, so make the most of it.  Of course, if you don't care about losing modelling work, then what the hell.  But don't do it for a boy.  It's nice when they take an interest but they don't always know best!

Mr P to Fleur: "Oh, are you the cleavage lady?" www.badflower.co.uk

20 October 2011 12:35
DeeElegia
Model

Gotta agree with Fleur regarding the wash-in/wash-out option. My Dad used one of those a few years ago to test out whether or not he'd like to go a bit darker, and it did anything but wash-out.

Personally I like your hair as it is. As someone who has just stopped dying her hair, I can tell you that it's quite difficult to get back to your natural colour afterwards. Natural blondes all the way.
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

30 October 2011 14:44
NehaP
Model

I love blondes! And tell him to get over it It's your hair! And I think you look stunning with your current hair colour, it's a very striking hair colour in my opinion ^_^
Have you ever derped so hard you herped?

30 October 2011 14:48
photoclassic
Photographer

Home colouring is a risky business and could be potentially disastrous for someone who relies on their appearance for their income. I'd suggest if your other half really wants you to try a new colour, you ask him to pay for a professional job at a good salon (and commit to the possible additional cost if you decide you need to change it back!).
We do not stop playing because we have grown old; we grow old because we have stopped playing

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura heather94 Kayleigh94 Littlemiss01 lynnesel Michelledefeo1
Blancho cliffc Creativedge digitizer djb1 eosfan Ianmcculloch ImageStyle kinofist LGI MIB mike0048 nige_nw panda49 Photogenic2 redbaron Robinsky Snooper911 stevegosh Steveh32 supaglam Willy_O Zuiko