Jenny Wren is off-line
17 October 2011 16:29
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Hello,

Does anyone have any tips for (safely) gaining a little weight and some curves?

I have always been very slim no matter what I eat and it does get me down. After I had my little boy I went from a A cup to a DD cup pretty much overnight. It was flipping awesome! Painful, but awesome. I also still had a nice curve to my hips. I felt womanly for the first time ever.

All that has gone and now I'm pretty much straight again, and barely an A cup.

Anyone know how I can get my curves back again? Preferably without having another baby just yet!
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

ICONIC :P is off-line
17 October 2011 16:34
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

carbs are fast and easy generally - i think you got a lovely figure as it is
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Jenny Wren is off-line
17 October 2011 16:45
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Thank you!

I didn't think too many carbs were very good as I thought that they don't actually fuel your body, they just turn into sugar which can lead to dodgy blood sugar?

I may be wrong though. I am quite daft at times!
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

ICONIC :P is off-line
17 October 2011 16:47
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

your body runs from sugar so when carbs are converted to sugar they fuel your body - but to many and the sugers turn into fatty deposites which means weight gain
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Jenny Wren is off-line
17 October 2011 16:48
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Oh, I see! Thank you, makes a bit more sense now!

17 October 2011 17:07
DeeElegia
Model

Pizza and beer.
Seems to work for me.
Not sure if that's a recommended 'healthy' way though but it's more fun...
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

Simon Fairclough is off-line
17 October 2011 17:13
SimonFairclough
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
SimonFairclough
London
Hammersmith

I keep my curvy figure by eating butter with everything..............
Golf is the most fun you can have without taking your clothes off.

17 October 2011 17:20
Tansy_Blue
Model

The carbohydrate hysteria is ridiculous...cutting back on carbohydrates might help you lose weight because carbohydrate is fairly energy dense (4cal/g) with a low satiety value, and the best way to lose weight is to eat foods with a high satiety value but low energy density. But remember that carbohydrates is starch (bread, pasta) AND sugar (fruit, chocolate), which I think lots of people forget. Also, 100g of bread isn't 400 calories; it's more like 300 calories because bread contains water and fibre as well as carbohydrate (and protein - bread is a pretty good source of protein, but protein is 3.5cal/g so pretty much the same as carbohydrate, although it does have a much higher satiety value; if you're interested, that's because protein gets digested in the small intestine whereas carbohydrate starts being digested in the mouth and then the stomach, so protein remains undigested in your body for a much longer period of time).

Carbohydrates should make up about 50% of your energy intake. The body uses glucose in respiration to produce energy; carbohydrates are basically made of glucose. Starch (complex carbs in bread and pasta) is a polysaccharide made of glucose units, standard sugar - sucrose - is a glucose and a fructose molecule linked together, etc.

So carbohydrates DO fuel your body, and do so very efficiently. Don't stress too much about blood sugar, your insulin will sort that out.

Anyway, back to your original question, err, I'm not sure. Doing squats (especially with weights) will build up your bum muscles and give you a bigger bum, but I'm not sure how long it would take to do so to a noticeable degree. I'm not sure if it's possible to seriously alter your body shape without cosmetic surgery though? Anyway, as Iconic said, you have a lovely figure anyway so I wouldn't stress too much if I were you.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Jenny Wren is off-line
17 October 2011 17:25
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Wow, thank you Tansy. That was interesting reading!

Food (fnar fnar) for thought.

Cheers all!

17 October 2011 17:33
BaileyK
Model

Quote from Tansy_Blue
The carbohydrate hysteria is ridiculous...cutting back on carbohydrates might help you lose weight because carbohydrate is fairly energy dense (4cal/g) with a low satiety value, and the best way to lose weight is to eat foods with a high satiety value but low energy density. But remember that carbohydrates is starch (bread, pasta) AND sugar (fruit, chocolate), which I think lots of people forget. Also, 100g of bread isn't 400 calories; it's more like 300 calories because bread contains water and fibre as well as carbohydrate (and protein - bread is a pretty good source of protein, but protein is 3.5cal/g so pretty much the same as carbohydrate, although it does have a much higher satiety value; if you're interested, that's because protein gets digested in the small intestine whereas carbohydrate starts being digested in the mouth and then the stomach, so protein remains undigested in your body for a much longer period of time). Carbohydrates should make up about 50% of your energy intake. The body uses glucose in respiration to produce energy; carbohydrates are basically made of glucose. Starch (complex carbs in bread and pasta) is a polysaccharide made of glucose units, standard sugar - sucrose - is a glucose and a fructose molecule linked together, etc. So carbohydrates DO fuel your body, and do so very efficiently. Don't stress too much about blood sugar, your insulin will sort that out. Anyway, back to your original question, err, I'm not sure. Doing squats (especially with weights) will build up your bum muscles and give you a bigger bum, but I'm not sure how long it would take to do so to a noticeable degree. I'm not sure if it's possible to seriously alter your body shape without cosmetic surgery though? Anyway, as Iconic said, you have a lovely figure anyway so I wouldn't stress too much if I were you.

You love researching don't you.
Have you ever thought about bringing out your own version of google?

I hate them as I found mine useless but try a dietician...They SHOULD know what to do ...... You can't trust everything you read on the net

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pinklilly
Cgdublin firsttake grahamsphotography JSP just_lez Keithhendy Kjoservices Willy_O