Reminder Secure

Lost my 'look'?

14 October 2011 13:16
Quirky
Model

I have grown my hair recently, and moved away from the short and spikey look I am most normally known for because of teaching and I wasn't sure I would be accepted on my placement with a hairstyle like that. But, since starting here I have realised that I am allowed, and I've noticed a loss in confidence since growing my hair. I no longer feel 'edgy', young, or 'me'. I feel like I have lost my look, and all my confidence has gone with it.

This is how my hair was:

and this is how it is now (ignore the pouts, rubbish photos but most recent! - and the date on one as I didn't know how to change it then):

I feel too 'girly' and 'pretty' and feel like I have lost my edge. What do you guys suggest?

14 October 2011 13:35
DeeElegia
Model

I think you look lovely. Funky, pretty and young too.
Maybe get it all cut again if that hairstyle you had previously, you really felt gave you your identity and confidence? Or go in and speak to a stylist about getting something totally different?

(P.S. Cool sunnies!)
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

Artemis Fauna is off-lineSilver Member
14 October 2011 13:46
ArtemisFauna
Model
ArtemisFauna
Bedfordshire
Great Barford

It's hard to tell as it's up(?) but I'm digging the fringe, maybe somewhere in between the two? I love looking through hair mags, maybe get a few and start pulling together a hair mood board to show the hair dressers? Maybe add some colour, perhaps some clip in colours for extra funk that are not permanent? 

x
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

14 October 2011 13:48
Quirky
Model

Thanks for both your answers.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of my hair down at the moment with the fringe as I have been unwell since I cut the fringe in.

Might be worth speaking to a stylist though, perhaps a longer version of what I had before, or one side really short? Thanks guys!

14 October 2011 13:59
_Maz_
Model

I have nothing really relevant to add other than Hiiiiii!!!! *mega waves*
(Loving the fringe though...then again I'm a sucker for fringes)

Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

14 October 2011 14:15
Quirky
Model

Hahaha Hello there Maz

Andrew Burton is off-line
14 October 2011 14:23
LEGENDACB
Photographer
LEGENDACB
East Yorkshire
Hull

Hello lovely lil quirky
to be honest ive always loved ur funky do but i like this one too
at the end of the day sweetie which one do u prefer?
u look great in both for different reasons
Andrew xxx

The quality of photography isnt how many images you take but rather how many times an image can take your breath away!

14 October 2011 14:53
Diabolik
Photographer

Maybe there are more fundamental things in your life causing this lack of confidence? After all, I don't mean to trivialise things - but it's only a hairstyle really. Could be time to spread your wings a bit and rock a new look. Bring your confidence with you into something new and don't leave it in the past. Look at Maz's hair, above, she looks awesome with similar hair to how yours is now and in no way girly or lacking in attitude.

15 October 2011 03:30
Serena
Model

Have your hair as you like it - you don't seem to have had anything outrageous before. Get back to what you like asap and you'll be much better for it. You do seem to suit short.
Fun, friendly and experienced mature model with lively personality and youthful figure!

CGW is off-line
15 October 2011 03:44
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

I like the geeky glasses look frown

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Czechbeauty Sammi_1985
Auctioneer BOBREEVES digitizer ellessephotography funky gordon hantsphotographer keltica lenspoynter looksphotography MIB mlp mrdl poah smooth_image TinDolls TonyNutley Willjamieson