Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
08 October 2011 16:10
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from fnfmedia
I would prefer it to be a professional networking event to introduce each other to potential work partners.

In that case I suspect you'd possibly be better off at weekend afternoon GWC/Group Shoots as they tend to attract reasonable numbers of newish models looking to meet photographers.
Bob

fnfmedia is off-line
08 October 2011 16:13
fnfmedia
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

not looking for newish models..any models, MUA, or studio owners would be the aim...and it isn't about models looking to meet photographers, it should be based on being mutally beneficial for everyone attending.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
08 October 2011 16:39
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from fnfmedia
not looking for newish models..any models, MUA, or studio owners would be the aim...

From many years of going to networking events if one coincides with my work/travel plans my experience is that you will get quite a few photographers and maybe the occasional MUA, but few studio owners in attendance unless the event is an open day held at their studio. You will also get a handful of established models if enough good photographers say they will be attending, plus the odd new local model who decides to be brave and introduce herself to the community.

On the other hand, somebody has to break the mould sometime, so I look forward to seeing what you manage to achieve.

Bob

fnfmedia is off-line
08 October 2011 16:42
fnfmedia
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

haha...probably won't achieve anything different but would like to attempt a get together of the bordering Counties.

09 October 2011 15:11
onebadpuppy
Photographer

If you can find a venue, and give us all a date and time, and a little bit of notice, there is a fair chance your event will be well attended.

fnfmedia is off-line
09 October 2011 15:20
fnfmedia
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

I know almost every other meet is of an evening..what would be the views on a daytime meet.
might be easier for models with a family, kids at school etc, studio owners who have evening bookings etc?

16 October 2011 14:46
onebadpuppy
Photographer

If you could find a venue, close to the A1/A47 junction, you would stand a good chance of getting a decent turnout.

fnfmedia is off-line
16 October 2011 15:11
fnfmedia
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Well the A1 is perfect for most adjoining Counties so would be a good idea...What would be the ideal town?
Obviously I am in Peterborough so is ideal for those coming from East, Northants, Lincoln, Notts, Leicester, Beds, Herts etc...but opinions taken into consideration

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz Thunder_Photos