Powerplate - Has anyone tried it?

Nina Terror is off-line
02 October 2011 14:52
NinaDee
Model
NinaDee
Greater Manchester
Bolton

I just signed up to a powerplate studio membership, they do pole as well, so I've started doing an hour on the pole and then 25 min powerplate session.
Has anyone tried powerplate workouts? is it as effective as it's supposed to be?

03 October 2011 11:51
River
Model

I was wondering the same thing. One of my boyfriend's friends is using it and she looks fab, very toned. Apparently if you use it for too long it can do more harm than good, as it spasms your muscles. Not exactly sure how it works but if any more information comes out of this topic it would be very helpful!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

03 October 2011 11:56
_Maz_
Model

I'm a fan of the powerplates - seemed to work for me, doing a 10min session everyday.
(as far as I've heard, you're not meant to do more than 15mins at a time...I may well be wrong though)
Haven't been for a while, but really should get back into it along with being at the gym a few times a week.

xX.maz.Xx
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

Nina Terror is off-line
03 October 2011 14:48
NinaDee
Model
NinaDee
Greater Manchester
Bolton

Just came back from my 2nd session, and can really feel the burn! I think as long as you do it under supervision, it should be fine (for instance you shouldn't lock your knees, keep your back straight etc) I also met a girl today who apparently lost 7 pounds after 4 sessions of powerplate! she said she's not altered her diet whilst doing it. I will keep you guys up to date with my progress as well.

Jaye  is off-line
03 October 2011 17:03
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

A personal trainer in my work swears by them, he said they do everything they say they do. Easier than exercise either way!
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

03 October 2011 18:06
Tidal_Kitten
Model

I wonder if it's possible to get carpal tunnel/RSI in your butt...

(ignore the grumpy cynic in the corner, if you're getting results, you're getting results!)
More than just Kibbles and Bits

Catherine is off-lineSilver Member
03 October 2011 18:27
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

I've heard they are good, I wonder if my whirlpool bath with airjets has the same effect ? I have usually done 1-1,5 kickboxing or half an hours run before getting in the so not sure.
I once spent a weekend in Bath, with ass-kicking mum of 8 Miss Cath. No offence to this mummy, the play-fighting was funny. But now I might need an Osteopath! by Laya Randle-Conde

03 October 2011 18:27
Redmond_Photography
Photographer

I use it for a bit at the gym, I was very sceptical at first thinking how can a vibrating machine help.

Then I got on and squatted for 5 minutes on low vibrations and my thighs were burning like crazy! Now I use it at the end of my workout for 10 minutes, it's extremely good to use.
'Don't just take the shot...Make the shot' - www.redmondphotography.co.uk

fitnude is off-line
04 October 2011 05:04
actiongirl
Model

London

yes its brilliant...great for the circulation and general fitness. People with back problems, and anyone having had a back accident, should avoid it though until they have spoken to their GP and got the all clear!

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa KerryWright24 miles scarlettfoxett Sifx tim Winterlilly Yenguo
cefyl creakypete doughnut ElegantCaptures eosfan Fashionphotography geoffmarchant gordon GSC4X hodgen Ladiesman markeos50d MIB moritz78 Njsphotography philippahh rscott360 Steveh32 Stevenbennett Vltavakrtek will_i_am
tim