Reminder Secure

River meets Nick Giles...

This thread is being watched by 2 people
28 September 2011 14:06
Vas
Model

I actually prefer the first one to the rest - I just thing it works better as a cohesive image.

If you like the implied topless ones, put them on - you're not obliged to work to any level with anybody. If they get the hump about it it's largely their problem.

As for the posts about Nick - it's interesting that people accuse him of bullying while bitching about him when he has no means to reply. What exactly do you call that? I saw nothing at all unpleasant about Ciaran's post, I see it as unpleasant when people decide to bring up former members of the site to insult or ridicule them behind their backs. As for Nick's work - it is and was fantastic work, and hasn't lost the plot at all, although I'm sure he won't worry too much about your opinion.

jivago Photographic is off-line
28 September 2011 15:18
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from Vas
I actually prefer the first one to the rest - I just thing it works better as a cohesive image. If you like the implied topless ones, put them on - you're not obliged to work to any level with anybody. If they get the hump about it it's largely their problem. As for the posts about Nick - it's interesting that people accuse him of bullying while bitching about him when he has no means to reply. What exactly do you call that? I saw nothing at all unpleasant about Ciaran's post, I see it as unpleasant when people decide to bring up former members of the site to insult or ridicule them behind their backs. As for Nick's work - it is and was fantastic work, and hasn't lost the plot at all, although I'm sure he won't worry too much about your opinion.

RE the question in the thread:- River is very beautiful and has some strong portraits on her portfolio. His work can be superb! – But regarding the thread shots, there does not seem to be very much challenging, nor original about the shots here. He has done much better work. River has better  work in my opinion – For what it is worth!

RE the quote above:- Ha Ha! - Sophistry and predictable at best – You will know very well the circumstances leading to the ban and Serena is entitled to her view. Giles espoused some views that were highly objectionable and crass to many. It is a fact that he was banned for causing offence. In the real world, the type of comments he made would have led to him being sacked from many work places or probably asked to leave public places. PURESTORM probably felt that it had duty to the wider membership and a corporate responsibility.

I went head to head with him in a few threads and actually got private messages from what seemed like his own little coterie. It seemed like the cult of the bully in the school playground. For those that defend those type of comments – What does it say about your own standards? – No don’t bother answering sad

Goodbye re Giles

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

lillithinbloom is off-line
28 September 2011 16:18
Lillith_in_Bloom
Photographer
Lillith_in_Bloom
Swansea
Swansea

Quote from jivago

RE the question in the thread:- River is very beautiful and has some strong portraits on her portfolio. His work can be superb! – But regarding the thread shots, there does not seem to be very much challenging, nor original about the shots here. He has done much better work. River has better  work in my opinion – For what it is worth!

RE the quote above:- Ha Ha! - Sophistry and predictable at best – You will know very well the circumstances leading to the ban and Serena is entitled to her view. Giles espoused some views that were highly objectionable and crass to many. It is a fact that he was banned for causing offence. In the real world, the type of comments he made would have led to him being sacked from many work places or probably asked to leave public places. PURESTORM probably felt that it had duty to the wider membership and a corporate responsibility.

I went head to head with him in a few threads and actually got private messages from what seemed like his own little coterie. It seemed like the cult of the bully in the school playground. For those that defend those type of comments – What does it say about your own standards? – No don’t bother answering sad

Goodbye re Giles

+1!!!!!

On the subject of the portfolio images, some really strong shots there, but I dont think they really add anything to your portfolio, and there is not much point putting up images indicating levels that your no longer doing

Wild Rose is off-line
28 September 2011 17:07
Wild_Rose
Model
Wild_Rose
West Midlands
Birmingham

For Gods sake people, this is meant to be a thread to review River`s pictures and not of the person who took them, regardless what you think of him. If you don`t like him that much, go and tell him personally.

River, I like the first three, with 2 being the favourite because of your eyes
`Do you know where the wild roses grow so sweet and scarlet and free`

PSN is off-line
28 September 2011 17:09
psn
Photographer

South Yorkshire
Doncaster

nice helmet

Fizzy is off-line
28 September 2011 17:12
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

You look very beautiful in all of them and you could use the first and last anyway as they're more fashion than implied nude. I wouldn't put the implied ones up for the reasons you mentioned and because some people seem to think that if you've upped your levels once, you won't mind upping them again and that it doesn't really matter if they take something they shouldn't because of that. Save yourself the hassle.
Art nude model - £35ph

EdT is off-line
29 September 2011 03:00
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

I love them all. If I had to choose it would be 1 and 4.

Well done.

29 September 2011 03:04
River
Model

Thankyou everyone for your comments Really appriciate them!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Silverlight is off-linePlatinum Member
29 September 2011 03:08
silverlight
Photographer
silverlight
Dorset
Bournemouth

Not sure about these river. There is a mismatch in styles. Wearing a helmet topless is ether a cheeky fun glamour image or a dark sexy narrative shot.

Your expression is more beauty in these and it doesn't really work for me.

I think they would be better shot again with clothes and do an implied shot again in context.

I think the last 2 would work much better without the large pink jem that jars the colour balance.

Of all the shots the last works best for me personally

Christian Scott is off-lineSilver Member
29 September 2011 05:10
ChristianScott
Photographer
ChristianScott
Merseyside
Wallasey

Quote from River
Thankyou everyone for your comments Really appriciate them!

I'm not talking to you..you look beautiful! Like Wayne said a bit mismatched. But you could wear a tea towl and I'd dig it.

I'm friends with Nick though and have never seen evidence of him and serena working together. I don't think he would. However..I would like to shoot some
Behind the scenes of that shoot :-)

11 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Just_Janine
Distortedecho flashharry gordon Ladiesman Maxargent Photojoe670 photostevo Steveh32 Willjamieson woody