28 September 2011 12:07
ciaran
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
ciaran
Dublin

Quote from Andy_B
Wow, ciaran - that's an unpleasant post.

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke in real life (never met him)... but while Nick was here he trolled for England. PS is a MUCH nicer place now, and his absence played a part in that improvement.

He seemed to have a lot of time-outs and 'second chances' before he was turfed out for good. I don't think he was treated unfairly.

Yeah perhaps... but strange that you don't see Serena's post as unpleasant?

As I said, I don't know Nick from being on PS. I'm not doubting that he stirred the pot, trolled and probably upset a lot of people & ruffled a lot of feathers. But does that make it OK for Serena to character assassinate him in a critique thread, particularly without the right to reply? At least I haven't assassinated her character - I've simply questioned her integrity, which is easily proved (either way) by her showing the proof of the pudding... i.e. the pics
http://www.thewonderoflight.com

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
28 September 2011 12:10
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Quote from ciaran
Yeah perhaps... but strange that you don't see Serena's post as unpleasant?

Not really. I thought it was fairly measured.

MichaelM is off-line
28 September 2011 12:13
MichaelM
Photographer
MichaelM
Dorset
Dorchester

Lovely shots, but would you expect anything less from Mr Giles. Superb work both
www.newfuturepicturefactory.co.uk

lazeeboy is off-line
28 September 2011 12:19
lazeeboy
Photographer
lazeeboy
West Sussex
Goring-by-Sea

"But does that make it OK for Serena to character assassinate him in a critique thread, particularly without the right to reply? "

It's a bit rude, especially as his work is good.

Fleur du Mal is off-lineSilver Member
28 September 2011 12:20
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
This member has been reset to pending
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from Andy_B
I'm sure he's a lovely bloke in real life (never met him)... but while Nick was here he trolled for England. PS is a MUCH nicer place now, and his absence played a part in that improvement.

It might be a nicer place for you, but let me tell you, on the models' side of the fence PS seems to have taken an unpleasant turn for the worse since a couple of people left or were booted ...

I'm totally in agreement with Ciaran here that any comments about Nick and his presence here were completely unfounded on a thread which was supposed to be about River's pictures and feedback.  Serena wasn't the only one, but she was the first and opened the floodgates.  It was uncalled for and off topic.

River, I think 2 is absolutely beautiful.  I personally would put one of these up and sod what everyone else thinks.  As I said to another clothed only model recently, you can always put a note on your profile saying something like 'I very rarely work to implied topless but I am very selective about the projects I choose to work to this level on'.  That way no one can get the hump that you say you do something you don't.  You run the risk of people moaning 'well you worked it with him, why not me?' but that's a risk you run when saying yes or no to an offer anyway.  But these are lovely shots, 2 especially, and it would be a shame if they weren't seen simply because some idiots might hassle you

Mr P to Fleur: "Oh, are you the cleavage lady?" www.badflower.co.uk

28 September 2011 12:39
River
Model

Thanks Fleur and to all others who have posted comments about the images and not about Nick/reason why he was banned/if his work is good or not etc. That was the point of the post after all
Really appriciate everything you are saying and will take on board everyones opinions. Many thanks
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Arielle Moon is off-line
28 September 2011 12:48
CassandraFreeman
Model
CassandraFreeman
West Sussex
Horsham

Quote from ciaran
Your posts continue to amaze me Serena. You list Steve_Stanford as being one of the best art nude photographers, yet you think Nicks work has lost the plot? If anything, this statement suggests that it is you have lost the plot? Regardless of his blunt nature (possibly even what some people may consider abusive), his work stands on it's own and to try and bring it down, simply because you don't like the guy is pretty pathetic.

Whilst I now know Nick from FaceBook, I was pretty new here when he was banned, so can't comment on why he was banned, or on what running spats you may both have had,. But from what little I do know of him and his work, I just can't imagine you'd be his type of model, so can't believe he'd actually have worked with you? Of course, if I'm wrong, I'd love to see the images? If not, perhaps most of the other things you say about him are fibs too?

A little OT... sorry River (shots are lovely BTW)

+1

I don't think its really on to bring up an opinion like that behind someone's back on a forum they're banned on. I've met and worked with Nick myself, and have found him to be a perfectly professional photographer who produces good work.

Back on topic, River they are all stunning but number 2 is awesome
My new website ^.^ : http://raspberryjammodel.com/

digineil is off-line
28 September 2011 12:52
digineil
Photographer
digineil
Staffordshire

Quote from River
Thanks Fleur and to all others who have posted comments about the images and not about Nick/reason why he was banned/if his work is good or not etc. That was the point of the post after all Really appriciate everything you are saying and will take on board everyones opinions. Many thanks

Sorry River but I just wondered where NG had vanished to.   I had no problem with Nick except for his abuse of animals for so called  " sport ".   Other than that he seemed a OK bloke frown

28 September 2011 13:25
Alice_Cat
Model

Enough about Nick Giles.
"And so being young and dipt in folly I fell in love with melancholy."

Simon Pole is off-line
28 September 2011 13:31
Simon_P
Photographer
Simon_P
Lothian
Livingston, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth

Not sure about the crash helmet ones, though certainly good quality images, just not really to my taste, really like the two mask ones, very nice.
We don't follow fashion, that would be a joke, You know we're gonna set them, set them. So everyone can take note, take note! - Adam Ant

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
lynnesel
bradder david1500 diphoto Distortedecho djb1 dorrian duncanjames ellessephotography eosfan firsttake gkeesuk iestyn JEFFKEEFE Kjoservices Leewheatley liteangle MIB Phiesta1 Platidonio steveh32 Willjamieson
sussex_studio