River meets Nick Giles...

This thread is being watched by 2 people
digineil is off-line
28 September 2011 10:18
digineil
Photographer
digineil
Staffordshire

Not much for these shots.    I think the helmet  does not suit you especially as you have nice hair.

28 September 2011 10:37
1919_Images
Photographer

In answer to your question, if you like them and think they are a good addition to your portfolio then put them up, it doesnt matter whether or not you do implied levels ever again but some photographer might really like them and end up booking you for your normal levels on the back of them. They also might attract another decent photographer like Nick who you might want to do something similar with. I wouldnt worry about sulky photographers, every model is free to determine levels with whoever they want as they see fit.

Starsgoblue is off-line
28 September 2011 10:42
starsgoblue
Model
starsgoblue
Glasgow

Oh my, these are brilliant!!! x
Starsgoblue

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
28 September 2011 10:47
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

I thought you were asking because they were shot by Mr Giles.

You put images on your profile(s) because you like them - sod everyone else.

Several models have nude images but state that they don't do nude. As always the levels and photographers you  work with is entirely your choice.

Chrissie Red is off-line
28 September 2011 10:55
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from digineil
     Does anybody know what  happened to Hugh who used to be a regular on here till recently ?

Hugh left, he can still be found on model mayhem or on facebook.

Paul Turney is off-line
28 September 2011 10:56
inspired
Photographer
inspired
Surrey
Shepperton

Quote from oscar
I
Several models have nude images but state that they don't do nude. As always the levels and photographers you  work with is entirely your choice.

+1

personally never had a problem with Nick and found him to be generous and helpful with his advice......but back on topic....I love number two

Ciaran Whyte is off-line
28 September 2011 11:41
ciaran
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
ciaran
Dublin

Quote from Serena
I believe my distressed complaint to to 'admin' here about his consistent and frequently upsetting rudeness to me on forums (and Matt told me there were other complaints too from similarly concerned parties) was what led to him being banned.  It was a great relief to me to be able to go on a forum without him darting in and being nasty.  Always baffled me as he'd done some art-nude with me and was very nice.  Must just be a jeckle and hyde on the web and in real life.  Speaking about his photography I feel his best 'period' was the grain barn ones .. since then I've felt he's lost the plot on a number of occasions.

Your posts continue to amaze me Serena. You list Steve_Stanford as being one of the best art nude photographers, yet you think Nicks work has lost the plot? If anything, this statement suggests that it is you have lost the plot? Regardless of his blunt nature (possibly even what some people may consider abusive), his work stands on it's own and to try and bring it down, simply because you don't like the guy is pretty pathetic.

Whilst I now know Nick from FaceBook, I was pretty new here when he was banned, so can't comment on why he was banned, or on what running spats you may both have had,. But from what little I do know of him and his work, I just can't imagine you'd be his type of model, so can't believe he'd actually have worked with you? Of course, if I'm wrong, I'd love to see the images? If not, perhaps most of the other things you say about him are fibs too?

A little OT... sorry River (shots are lovely BTW)
http://www.thewonderoflight.com

Quane is off-line
28 September 2011 11:53
Alister
Photographer
Alister
Dorset
Bournemouth

Quote from ciaran
Whilst I now know Nick from FaceBook, I was pretty new here when he was banned, so can't comment on why he was banned, or on what running spats you may both have had,. But from what little I do know of him and his work, I just can't imagine you'd be his type of model, so can't believe he'd actually have worked with you? Of course, if I'm wrong, I'd love to see the images? If not, perhaps most of the other things you say about him are fibs too?

You're accusing Serena of lying?
"If i could only shoot with one photographer ever again i would pick Alister. I've grown as a model since shooting with him. " - Mimi C

Ciaran Whyte is off-line
28 September 2011 11:59
ciaran
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
ciaran
Dublin

Quote from Alister
You're accusing Serena of lying?

Well it seems to me, she continues to lead a campaign against him. There was absolutely no reason for her comments about him or his work in this thread.. but she took the opportunity to get a dig in.

I just can't see Nick ever having worked with Serena or a model of her type. So yeah, I guess I'm saying I don't believe her. Is that the same as saying she's lying? Of course, I'm more than happy to eat humble pie if she shows me the pictures. If not, then all I'm suggesting is that perhaps the other things she says about Nick should also be taken with a large pinch of salt.
http://www.thewonderoflight.com

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
28 September 2011 12:00
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Wow, ciaran - that's an unpleasant post.

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke in real life (never met him)... but while Nick was here he trolled for England. PS is a MUCH nicer place now, and his absence played a part in that improvement.

He seemed to have a lot of time-outs and 'second chances' before he was turfed out for good. I don't think he was treated unfairly.

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
angelica1 Courtneygiles00 Just_janine tim
andrewmoon Auctioneer Belemboo Cheshunt83 coolcamel distortedecho djb1 doughnut jonnywoo laurencejpower MauricesImagery moorlane musicman oneimage
tim