Reminder Secure

Seeking dancing pole - can collect within London

23 September 2011 09:11
Tansy_Blue
Model

Hi there.

I'm seeking a pole to practice pole dancing on - a real one that will be able to support my entire weight and allow me to do inversions (eventually!) please.

I can collect in London; may be prepared to travel slightly out of London (Reading, Stevenage) if you can meet me at the station with said pole. Or I can pay postage, whichever.

I have a budget of £100-ish.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Megan Reynolds is off-line
23 September 2011 09:25
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

Might be worth joining studioveena.com - its a pole dancing community site, don't know if there is anyone with poles going at the moment, but worth asking there Also good for learning/practicing at home!

Jenna Lou is off-line
23 September 2011 11:02
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

When I was taking pole lessons, we were told that the X Pole is the best to have.

But a friend of mine has a static and spinning peek-a-boo pole and she's able to do various spins and inversions. It can hold my weight (and I'm heavier than you!) and also her husbands.

Take a look at this site: http://www.directshop.co/categories.php?category=Exercise-%26-Fitness%2FPole-Dancing or search on ebay xx

24 September 2011 16:40
Tansy_Blue
Model

Thanks for replies. I've had a poke on eBay and Gumtree, but most of them are collection only and as I can't drive that's a HUGE pain. I'll have a look at Studio Veena.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Jenna Lou is off-line
24 September 2011 17:09
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

Hhhm that's strange. When I was looking there were quite a few that had delivery options. But then again, ebay listings are always changing.

Hope you find one!! x

Megan Reynolds is off-line
24 September 2011 17:19
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

Xpoles well known for being the best - I have an xpert xpole in my room, goes on spinny and static, and is awesome, but is around £200 new.

Misty is off-line
24 September 2011 21:39
misty_model
Model
misty_model
Merseyside
Wirral

Do NOT get a Peek a Boo Pole!!!

They are not safety approved within the Pole industry, and are famous for being dangerous to use, as they are prone to collapse.

X-Pole, R-Pole, and to a lesser degree, Lil Minx are the only brands I recommend purchasing. It's better to save up and get the proper equiptment than rush in and buy something which is unsuitable. Pole dance is a physically demanding and at times dangerous sport like any other aerial activity, and when practising at home proper precations should be taken and equiptment used. If you're upside down and the pole falls over, you can risk spinal injury, which just isn't worth saving a few quid.

I'd suggest researching properly before buying a pole, sites like Pole Dance Community will have plenty of info and advice on pole purchase and care, grip aid, mats, the use of spotters etc.

(Speaking as a PDC approved Pole Dance instructor with over 7 years experience and professional titles to my name in the sport!!!)
UK wide petite, flexible, professional dancer/model working to nude levels

25 September 2011 10:31
Tansy_Blue
Model

Yeah, I was looking at Peek a Boo poles and there was a little note saying "NOT FOR PROFESSIONAL USE!" or something, so I decided to avoid those. My instructor recommended X-Pole; I've been mentally discounting anything with Carmen Electra branding. :P I'll keep an eye out for R-Pole and Lil Minx.

Pole is really tough! - I had my first lesson on Thursday and my arms still haven't forgiven me. (My first love karate is really easy on the arms, which is one of the reasons I want to start an aerial sport; to build up strength and control in my arms.)

I think I'm going to have to save a bit, so looks like I'll have at least a few weeks to research. Argh I want one NOW though, I can feel myself forgetting what I learnt on Thursday. =/

Misty is off-line
25 September 2011 12:18
misty_model
Model
misty_model
Merseyside
Wirral

It's not an easy sport! You'll end up with big biceps and lats like me!It took me years to be able to master moves confidently and be able to work them into a fluid routine, and I'm still no-where near the standard I want to be. Good videos to watch for inspiration, search Felix Cane, Jenyne Butterfly, Rebecca Butcher, Oona Kivela, Marlo Fisken, Natasha Wang, Jess Leanne Norris, Justine McLucas and that's just the first few off the top of my head...

X-Pole are defo the best for home use I think as you can put them up and take them down easily, I'd recommend a 50mm X-Pole Xpert, which is the standard size spinning and static option pole, I have 5 different poles of varying setup and size and think they're the best all rounder to start off with.

UK wide petite, flexible, professional dancer/model working to nude levels

25 September 2011 14:24
Tansy_Blue
Model

I don't even know what a lat is. :P Maybe I'll find out when I start developing one.

Ah I love Felix Cane! I saw a video of her winning I think it was the 2008 championships in Australia about a year ago, came downstairs and said to my mum "Mum, I just saw this amazing YouTube video. I wannna be a pole dancer". Don't think she believed me. XD Jenyne Butterfly is incredible too - when I've got a few hours I need to procrastinate I'll go look at some of those other names, thank you.

Taking it down and putting it up easily would make things so much easier for me; my parents say the only condition in which I'm allowed to have a pole in my room is if I take it down whenever anyone else is in the house. (Builders, cleaning lady, their or my friends, brother's guitar teacher, etc.) Because pole dancing is a dirty secret, obviously. x.X She's never heard of Felix Cane or Jenyne Butterfly or Giulia Piolanti or you () or any of the other dancers who inspire me, and she thinks of pole as a dirty thing that happens in seedy strip clubs with girls turning tricks in the VIP...

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Danielamoreno1975 daniwhittaker freya12c Jamie32E sifx sxckitty
ansonphotography BOBREEVES BobWright Cheshunt83 clarmike dby47 ElegantCaptures fannmore flair_photography j12345s mlp modelboutique ownimage panda49 peterh PJAPhotography redbaron rscott360 steveh32 Steveharratt swalsh58 TinDolls Willjamieson