Reminder Secure

Advice on best Make up to use for a photoshoot.

This thread is being watched by 1 person
20 September 2011 05:37
caraholt
Model

Hi i am just wondering if anyone can advice me the best Make up products to use which would look best for photoshoots?

carajane x

20 September 2011 05:50
Charlie_Madd1986
Model
This member has been suspended

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk

Vikki is off-line
20 September 2011 06:07
vikki_gabrielle
Model
vikki_gabrielle
West Yorkshire
Huddersfield/West Yorks/Sheffield/Manchester (Travel nationwide)

'Fragrance Direct' is a fab site with discounted make up, very reliable and it also has genuine discount MAC make up, MAC is seen as 'some of the best' so to speak but in my experience with it I find some products work and some don't it's more of a brand your paying for, for example I love their lipsticks and hate their blush (especially the cremeblend ones) best to be versatile, Sleek make up is cheap and amazing quality plus there is a good colour range and some funky colours for modelling, Tesco are also bringing out a new line called 'Vivo' which is amazingly cheap and the quality is very good just like the MUA range that superdrug (which starts at £1 or upto £5 for the pro range) and also E.L.F is particularly good for basics (the studio range is usually the best)

Sorry to babble on but thought it might be helpful for you and I have a beauty blog (www.victoria-gabrielle.com) and deal with alot of make-up and see new launches through PR companies so I have tried alot of make up from alot of brands both popular and unknown and it's usually the unknown ones that everyone skips past that are the best! x
''Don't limit yourself to the expectations of others who have never been where you wanna go'' TWITTER me www.twitter.com/vikki_model and facebook www.facebook.com/vikkiholt89

20 September 2011 06:35
caraholt
Model

Thankyou very much. Very helpful! I have been told that MAC can appear quite greasy on camera?
I know asda do great colour nail polishes if thats any help aslo.
I will have a try of some of the products you have mentioned , thankyou!

x

Jesfish is off-line
20 September 2011 07:23
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Don't get caught up with brand snobbery!  I'm a make up artist and I use a huge variety of make up including some of the cheaper brands that you get in Superdrug!  The bonus for me being that they don't test on animals, but that's just my preference.

It's more important to have a selection of colours for different styles, for example some browns and pinks for a natural look and then maybe charcoal, silver, navy for a darker more smokey look.  It's how you apply it that's more important and remember that strong lights can bleach out a lot of the colours so make sure you apply more coats.

20 September 2011 07:30
caraholt
Model

Thankyou. I do have a few eyeshadows from superdrug its the foundation im more wondering about and blushers. I have been advised about revlon colourstay foundation by a make up artist i know, Also I would like a nice sleek shimmery blusher I have tried a few but some tend to look slightly dirty and glittery instead of a shimmer x

Jesfish is off-line
20 September 2011 07:36
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from caraholt
Thankyou. I do have a few eyeshadows from superdrug its the foundation im more wondering about and blushers. I have been advised about revlon colourstay foundation by a make up artist i know, Also I would like a nice sleek shimmery blusher I have tried a few but some tend to look slightly dirty and glittery instead of a shimmer x

I have to say, Estee Lauder double wear foundation is excellent!

As for wanting a shimmering blusher, I think you would be better using a matt blusher and then applying a highlighter as you can can apply it above your cheekbones and below your brows.  You can then apply as much as desired depending on the look you want, but your whole face wont look shiny!

Hope this helps  :-)

Stacey is off-linePlatinum Member
18 October 2011 20:55
Bailey29
Model
Bailey29
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Quote from jes
Don't get caught up with brand snobbery!  I'm a make up artist and I use a huge variety of make up including some of the cheaper brands that you get in Superdrug!  The bonus for me being that they don't test on animals, but that's just my preference.

It's more important to have a selection of colours for different styles, for example some browns and pinks for a natural look and then maybe charcoal, silver, navy for a darker more smokey look.  It's how you apply it that's more important and remember that strong lights can bleach out a lot of the colours so make sure you apply more coats.

Totally with jes on this one.

Stacey is off-linePlatinum Member
18 October 2011 20:59
Bailey29
Model
Bailey29
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Cara I always use Revlon Colorstay foundation its my savior and if you like pink blushers then I bought and currently use Sleek's Mediterranean Collection blusher in "Santorini" and it is absolutely AM-AZ-IN!!

Don't be scared with the brightness of it in the packaging though as it doesn't go on bright pink at all far from it.

X.

Ian Payne is off-line
18 October 2011 22:37
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from caraholt
 I have been told that MAC can appear quite greasy on camera?

All the images on my profile that have smooth finish tagged are done with mac, judge for yourself.

Larger images on my site if you want to see detail http://www.ianpayne.com In the beauty page.

Ian

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa
237marc Edphoto Njsphotography photofrank redtail