This thread is being watched by 2 people
Raziela is off-line
13 September 2011 16:42
Raziela
Model
Raziela
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

I've been tempted to "go blonde" for a while now, but not sure on what shade to go for? Only thing I know I don't want is platinum blonde...

Any advice would be appreciated

15 September 2011 04:53
Dannsair
Model

Best thing to do is to speak to your hairdresser, she will know best what shade to go for, going by the colour of your hair just now.

Beauty is within the eye of the beholder!

Ella-mae is off-lineSilver Member
15 September 2011 06:22
Ellamae10
Model
Ellamae10
West Sussex
Worthing - But will travel WORLDWIDE!

Quote from Dannsair
Best thing to do is to speak to your hairdresser, she will know best what shade to go for, going by the colour of your hair just now.

+1!

It is also partly determined by your hair itself, it took me 4 trips to the hairdressers to get the colour i wanted, and if your main image is your natural hair colour then you may need more as you are a lot darker than me. Toners etc obviously can be used, but when you're stripping your hair of its natural colour then it does pretty much decide what it wants to do on the first couple of visits. Also i would advise having your hair pre lightened first if you are going for the whole hog, it will make it a lot easier. Just make sure you stock up on the best of the best of the best conditioners etc as you are going to quite literally kill your hair!

Best of luck either way - make sure we get to see the results!!

sad ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

A neat little space to write something profound and thought provoking...

Orson Carter is off-line
15 September 2011 06:26
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Somerset
near Frome

Apologies if this is a daft suggestion (I'm an old bloke with not too much hair to worry about, so I'm not clued up on these things), but would it be practical to try on a few wigs so that you can get a preview?  
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

Raziela is off-line
15 September 2011 20:20
Raziela
Model
Raziela
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

My hair has been dyed black since I was 12, its currently faded purple atm. But the roots are showing as a sort of medium brown.

Yeah I just need to find a new hairdresser I like (i.e can actually do their job and gets my random sense of humour ^^), as I'm stupidly fussy about people near my hair and my old hairdresser moved to Malta a few weeks ago

Raziela is off-line
15 September 2011 20:22
Raziela
Model
Raziela
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

And of course, you will all see the results when it actually happens

pennylee is off-line
21 September 2011 19:23
Klouise1992
Model
Klouise1992
West Sussex
Lancing

light ash blonde is good colour to go for! takes yellow/orangeness out x

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Kitty_1 tomdowie
AaronKent andyf antoinewynn djb1 dorrian Dphphotography eosfan Flyingphotographer gadzooks2 Geronimo guitarman Ladiesman martinchristie mlp nemesis nick34eh PhilStorm plld poah pose4me stevegosh Steveh32 will_i_am