Reminder Secure

option to delete your own posts.

13 September 2011 11:25
TMG
Photographer

I know you can as long as no one has posted after you, but there have been occasions when I've had second thoughts and it's been too late. You could argue that it makes a nonsense if someone responds to your comment, but it's no worse than if someone has a few ignore buttons pressed, and if you're quoted the text is there anyway. 
Not talking about a whole thread deletion. just the individual post.

Lifescapes is off-line
13 September 2011 11:54
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

Now where would be the fun in that
"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

WESTEND PORTFOLIOS is off-linePlatinum Member
13 September 2011 12:00
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Photographer
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Glasgow
GLASGOW

is this was to happen it would be fun..

trying to imagine what was said by the comment after the deleted comment..

in this case it would be

" Now where would be the fun in that "

could u have guessed what the comment before was it was deleted

Quane is off-line
13 September 2011 12:14
Alister
Photographer
Alister
Dorset
Bournemouth

Quote from TMG
I know you can as long as no one has posted after you, but there have been occasions when I've had second thoughts and it's been too late. You could argue that it makes a nonsense if someone responds to your comment, but it's no worse than if someone has a few ignore buttons pressed, and if you're quoted the text is there anyway. 
Not talking about a whole thread deletion. just the individual post.

I don't ignore regular posters because it does make the thread look like nonsense. And what if a poster has quoted your post? Plus it'd take away all of the fun If you suffer from premature posting I'd suggest not going online when you've been drinking
"If i could only shoot with one photographer ever again i would pick Alister. I've grown as a model since shooting with him. " - Mimi C

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
13 September 2011 12:23
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
IF this was to happen it would be fun.. trying to imagine what was said by the comment after the deleted comment.. in this case it would be " Now where would be the fun in that " could u have guessed what the comment before was it was deleted

It would also mean that any spelling mistakes could be fixed without any pedantic posters highlighting the errors. Wouldn't you agree Declan.

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

13 September 2011 12:28
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Photographer
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Glasgow
GLASGOW

Quote from gerryquiff
It would also mean that any spelling mistakes could be fixed without any pedantic posters highlighting the errors. Wouldn't you agree Declan.

gerry you got me paranoid.. spelling mistakes..ive checked my post but cant find any ..were u meaning me.. im now paranoid ..

Paul Hodson is off-line
13 September 2011 12:30
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

gerry you got me paranoid.. spelling mistakes..ive checked my post but cant find any ..were u meaning me.. im now paranoid ..

First word!

"If "not "is"!

Plus of course it should be "were" not "was"  but.......... smiley (subjunctive mood)
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

13 September 2011 12:43
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Photographer
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Glasgow
GLASGOW

I wouldn't call this a spelling mistake , putting the wrong word in yes.. a mistake . yes .. spelling mistake ..no

so maybe not deleting a comment but maybe a you can edit a comment.. so I can go back and change "is" and "was"

engerlish was never a strong subject at school 25 years ago.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
13 September 2011 13:04
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I wouldn't call this a spelling mistake , putting the wrong word in yes.. a mistake . yes .. spelling mistake ..no so maybe not deleting a comment but maybe a you can edit a comment.. so I can go back and change "is" and "was" engerlish was never a strong subject at school 25 years ago.

My Grammar said it should be Gerry NOT gerry...........

Don't worry Declan, sometimes being perfect is a bit of a pain. Not that I would know.cheeky
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Paul Hodson is off-line
13 September 2011 13:16
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from gerryquiff

Don't worry Declan, sometimes being perfect is a bit of a pain. Not that I would know.cheeky

No - it's OK. cheeky
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
emmac89
BdsmARTaylor frankpht