Reminder Secure

Comments on a photo

This thread is being watched by 2 people
11 September 2011 10:40
RocketMan
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Hi All

I did not know that if a person allows for comments to be placed on the photos they present to be shown.
That they also have the choice to remove comments left by others .
I have noticed  several photos on pages where the images are not in focus, or badly exposed, or not nude when listed as tasteful nude .
Placed a polite note , these have been removed , yet positive comments about how great an image is still place. How ever still out of focus . 
Image quality would not improve if everyone went around patting all on the back. 
Especially if a page is full of the same type of images. 

regards

Paul 

11 September 2011 10:46
PUNKuate
Photographer

So you're being a dick going about critising peoples photos and can't work out why they might delete those comments.... on a site where they are looking to work with people...
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

11 September 2011 10:50
BaileyK
Model

I don't blame them to be honest!

11 September 2011 10:50
AndromedaX
Model

Quote from PUNKuate
So you're being a dick going about critising peoples photos and can't work out why they might delete those comments.... on a site where they are looking to work with people...

Perhaps you should post some 'helpful' comments on the OP's images, and see whether he practises what he preaches...   laugh

***RETIREDed***

11 September 2011 10:53
BaileyK
Model

To be fair thats what portfolio reviews are for.

How would you like it if I turned around and told you your work was pants?

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
11 September 2011 10:58
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from RocketMan
Hi All

I did not know that if a person allows for comments to be placed on the photos they present to be shown.
That they also have the choice to remove comments left by others .
I have noticed  several photos on pages where the images are not in focus, or badly exposed, or not nude when listed as tasteful nude .
Placed a polite note , these have been removed , yet positive comments about how great an image is still place. How ever still out of focus . 
Image quality would not improve if everyone went around patting all on the back. 
Especially if a page is full of the same type of images. 

regards

Paul 

I'd say, if a member wanted critique on any images, they'd put a request in the correct section.

Good on you though, for commenting on them, I'll wait for suitable comments on my images, save me posting in the review section.cheeky

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Profile Pictures is off-line
11 September 2011 11:03
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Blimey, you must be so full of your own wind and profilepictures is a naughty person !

Where on earth do you get off giving unsolicited critique to anyone?

If you're hell bent on analysis of others artwork, go get a book or look on the net, see how things have moved on since, say, 1980?

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 September 2011 11:07
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from AndromedaX
Perhaps you should post some 'helpful' comments on the OP's images, and see whether he practises what he preaches...   laugh

Oh the temptation! smiley
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
11 September 2011 11:17
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from mph
Oh the temptation! smiley

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

11 September 2011 11:30
ConPhot
Photographer

MPH, only tempted!! You must be having an off day.

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
casell iestyn JohnDentonPhoto Symon1