Jenny Wren is off-line
07 September 2011 15:42
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Hi!

I have really dark brown eyes, very thick eyelashes and quite heavy eyebrows (if I'm not careful they grow to caterpillar proportions). My eyes are also of the deepset variety so blues and purples tend to make me look bruised.

As a general rule I stick to bronzes, coppers and browns for shadow and black for eyeliner/mascara. I want to create a new look, one that will make my eyes stand out, but in a new way. Can anyone recommend any colours for me to try?
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Jesfish is off-line
07 September 2011 15:57
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

A soft pink/taupe on your eyelids then use a medium brown to shade the sockets and lower lashes.

Jenny Wren is off-line
07 September 2011 16:02
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Oooh, I like the sound of that! Thank you!

Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Fisherface is off-line
07 September 2011 16:15
Fisherface
Make-up Artist
Fisherface
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Also... try not to use too much dark eye shadow or liner near the inner on your eyes (near your nose) as this doesn't really suit your eye shape.  You may want to use a pencil or powder to draw your eyebrows in a little bit more, but make sure you don't overdo it!

kelly_odell is off-line
07 September 2011 16:19
kelly_odell
Make-up Artist

Leicestershire
leicester

gold inner corner and green outer edge with dark brown in the crease .. use white waterline pencil and eyelash curlers

Jenny Wren is off-line
07 September 2011 16:26
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Hmmm, I do see what you mean about the very dark liner at the inner corners, it does make my eyes look quite small. I shall remember that!

Is the waterline the bit on the inside of your lower lashes?

Jenny Wren is off-line
07 September 2011 16:29
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Also, what's the professional opinion on Barry M eye powders? I have a couple, but was quite disappointed with them.

Fisherface is off-line
07 September 2011 16:30
Fisherface
Make-up Artist
Fisherface
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from JennyWren
Also, what's the professional opinion on Barry M eye powders? I have a couple, but was quite disappointed with them.

You mean the loose powders?  I don't like them... too messy for me.

Jenny Wren is off-line
07 September 2011 16:34
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Yup, the loose ones. Thats why I wasn't too keen, I just ended up looking like a sparkly smudgy mess!

Fisherface is off-line
07 September 2011 16:36
Fisherface
Make-up Artist
Fisherface
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Sometimes too much sparkle can look odd in images.  Glitter can come out as white or black dots.  :-(

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ArizonaSky Ashleighmckenzie chandni23 Danielamoreno1975 Harleypage Laila19 latara_18 michellehush Pinklilly toxicinnocence
abouncer couchestudio Dandelion dby47 DecimalDan diphoto Essexjohn freddie gperl GSC4X Impulse_Images JasonSmithPhoto leekumkee liteangle Maverick974 MIB philippahh photon rtmphoto siclews steveh32 timmbo violins Willjamieson