Jenna Lou is off-line
31 August 2011 06:20
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

Hi!

I've been hearing really good things about the Zumba classes and have seen the Zumba Fitness game (if you can even call it a game?) for the Wii. I'm thinking of buying it rather than going to classes, reason being is that they're £4 a lesson near me and the game is only £20, making it a cheaper alternative in the long run.

Just wondering if anyone here has tried the game on the Wii and what it's like?

xx

31 August 2011 06:51
PUNKuate
Photographer

We were playing with this at the weekend, its not very good. Its just a silhouette figure, and you copy it but unless you actually know zumba moves you're unlikely to know what the hell it is you're meant to do, but it will tell you that you're doing it right anyway because its a stupid way to control it with the remote on your waist. I think it would work better on the kinect. The Wii isn't intelligent enough.
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

Jessica Andrews is off-line
31 August 2011 06:51
jess_andrews
Model
jess_andrews
Derbyshire
Derby

I've seen it advertised, but as with all exercise, you're more likely to work harder and do it regularly in a class rather than at home! xx
˙ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ǝq oʇ ǝɹɐp

Jenna Lou is off-line
31 August 2011 06:58
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

Thanks both!

I know it sounds daft, but I doubt I'll be able to afford to go to classes. If I want to see improvement, I'd have to go often and £4 a class will soon mount up.

Guess I'll have to think of another way xx

Jessica Andrews is off-line
31 August 2011 07:10
jess_andrews
Model
jess_andrews
Derbyshire
Derby

I started aquarobics recently, my fave exercise since I had to quite dancing! No painful joints, you don't get hot and sweaty, and nobody can see your boobs bouncing around lollll! xx
˙ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ǝq oʇ ǝɹɐp

Chrissie Red is off-line
31 August 2011 07:13
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I have just dance for the WII and its actually really good, can't comment on the zumba though but the music on the advert for it f$%king grates on me soo much for some reason...

Jenna Lou is off-line
31 August 2011 08:23
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

Thanks Jess, I may look into aquarobics

Chrissie, I also have Just Dance 2 and Michael Jackson - The Experience. I find them both really good but thought I should give Zumba a go. May just stick with the 2 games I've already got xx

Porcelain is off-line
09 November 2011 15:37
belledelaney
Model
belledelaney
Lancashire
Blackpool

Zumba classes are alot better than the wii game but im an instructor so may be biased x

Lucy Lu is off-lineGold Member
09 November 2011 16:01
lucylulu
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
lucylulu
Hampshire
Southampton/London

i used to dance, and went to zumba classes but didn't really enjoy them, however my friend has zumber on the wii and boy i have never sweated so much! You have to do it properly and put the energy into it if you want to do it as a workout as oppossed to fun, and having danced i had the benefit of knowing what were the moves were meant to be, which can be the only problem with the game where its just a silhouette!

11 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Livespirit pinklilly Winterlilly
AaronKent guitarman john_at_tina_spice MauricesImagery mlp panda49 Reynard Rhadamanthus