Reminder Secure

under 18 rules?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
This thread is currently locked
27 August 2011 07:21
ARCADIA_IMAGES
Photographer

[ Thread Locked and moved to Common Questions for future reference]

could someone please point me at a thread(s) on this subject as I heard today, allegedly. some 'Purestorm' togs are shooting under 18's

What does Purestorm say about shooting minors?

TA
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate.

27 August 2011 07:24
BaileyK
Model

:/
Theres nothing wrong with people shooting UNDER18's (As long as they are appropriate)
Just if the under 18s are on here claiming to be older!

desyek is off-line
27 August 2011 07:25
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

Quote from ARCADIA_IMAGES
could someone please point me at a thread(s) on this subject as I heard today, allegedly. some 'Purestorm' togs are shooting under 18's

What does Purestorm say about shooting minors?

TA

Depends entirely on the context!!!

At every wedding and family portrait session I've worked at, there's been someone under 18...

Are you implying that the photographers are doing something illegal by shooting under 18's?

Really, this just sounds like an intentionally inflammatory opening post in an attempt to get some popcorn.

When making such statements as yours, you really need to be more specific as to what is going on or what is alleged to be going on!

If not, you're just spreading hear'say...
Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly! Error at Address Number 6, Treacle Mine Road. Melon melon melon +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

gdelargy photography is off-lineGold Member
27 August 2011 07:29
gdelargy
Photographer
gdelargy
Glasgow
Glasgow / Strathclyde / Renfrewshire / Ayrshire / Argyll & Bute

#13 of Purestorm's T&Cs (http://www.purestorm.com/terms.aspx) says the site is not for under 18s. If the model is a member of this site she must have fibbed on her application. If she's not a member of the site, then it's perfectly legal unless you can provide a more damning context.

Regards,
G

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
27 August 2011 07:30
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from BaileyK
Theres nothing wrong with people shooting UNDER18's (As long as they are appropriate)

What she said. Probably photographers working in every High Street photography studio in the land shoot under-18s, so how could a site like this possibly object to such people being members.
Bob

TarMoo is off-line
27 August 2011 07:32
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

There are lots of excellent under 18 fashion models on Model Mayhem and Net-Mode. One good example is : http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1641653/viewall

I expect quite of few fashion photographers would be keen to shoot these models:
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Lifescapes is off-line
27 August 2011 07:33
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

Quote from ARCADIA_IMAGES
 allegedly. some 'Purestorm' togs   are shooting under 18's

"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

Kevin Waller is off-line
27 August 2011 07:33
Bigfish3311
Photographer
Bigfish3311
Hampshire
Farnborough

There was a post recently where it was said that you cannot have under 18s on your PF.
You can't be late until you show up

27 August 2011 07:39
BaileyK
Model

Quote from Bigfish3311
There was a post recently where it was said that you cannot have under 18s on your PF.

Poo bums...I wanted to shoot with my cats but they are 3,1 & 1.Darn it!

TarMoo is off-line
27 August 2011 07:39
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from Bigfish3311

That was River who was told she needed some over 18 models on her portfolio to qualify for a photographer account.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment fashion29 Natpenelope SuzyMonty Vala718
Davebu david1500 dby47 djb1 eosfan keltica lester2705 mikebee nunude panda49 photomart poah siclews smart2 steveh32 Steveharratt Wayne Wtphotos
Hayley26x