Reminder Secure

Casting Calls - Change Required or Blatant Misuse?

11 August 2011 10:00
JefPhotography
Photographer

Hello,

I am an keen amateur photographer who may be a little naive to think that I may have a chance of obtaining some paid work through Purestorm. So, due to this, I was considering the silver upgrade, adding more photos and scouting the castings for what seems to be on offer from other photographers these days who seek payment for their time/efforts. Naturally, the correct line against a casting would be:

'This casting call is requesting payment from the model'

I am seeing casting calls from models who are requesting payments from the photographer in this list though...!? So:

- Blatant/deliberate mistake so their casting gets viewed by photographers?
- Genuine mistake, possibly with how the castings page reads?

I admit that every single time I go into the casting page, I have to check what I choose in the fields, as I complete them as I believe is correct and then all these wrong castings pop up.

Jef

Moderator Comment : The facility for models to offer to pay photographers exists and is occasionally used.

Neil Anderson is off-line
11 August 2011 10:20
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

If it's misuse it would be a bit stupid wouldn't it ?

I'm sure most photographers wouldn't bother looking at that category. Every now and then you see a photographer appearing in Models looking for work (who obviously meant to post in photographers looking for work)

It is possible that people could be confused because the casting is from the model. Overall there might be a better way of avoiding these errors, but in general I don't think it's a big problem
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Quane is off-line
11 August 2011 10:20
Alister
Photographer
Alister
Dorset
Bournemouth

Probably just a mistake. Can't see many models being interested in casting to pay photographers on here. Only a few on here are good enough to seek out and pay and models are better doing that directly, choosing people whose pictures or name will benefit them. For basic portfolio development most half decent models can get what they want for free on here.

You'd be better spending your efforts targeting people who aren't already modelling and don't have access to a web-site full of photographers eager to do shoot them
"If i could only shoot with one photographer ever again i would pick Alister. I've grown as a model since shooting with him. " - Mimi C

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment
antoinewynn B_W bilingbo Daddylonglense Don_Dark flawless_photo Images1854 ImageStyle Kjoservices Ladiesman marchondowntheline metro MIB michael_cameraman mlp philippahh Rare1953 Richo2929 rod_m99 rscott360 Steveharratt Zuiko
grailmodels