Reminder Secure

Profiles linking to message sent and received from that person!

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
11 August 2011 05:38
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Could it be possible to click on someones profile and see a link to all the messages sent between that person and yourself, sometimes i find it difficult to look back through messages to find someone, they have a different avatar maybe use a different model name anyway, it would just give away of finding those messages and if in fact you've spoken in the past!

Just a thought!

Dominic

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 August 2011 06:24
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

You can of course use the search mail function as premium member
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

11 August 2011 06:48
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from mph
You can of course use the search mail function as premium member

The more user friendly systems are the more they have to offer the search option doesn't always work a simple mark to link to if you've emailed someone before or they've spoken to you would be very useful!

CGW is off-line
11 August 2011 07:07
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from dominicdgt
The more user friendly systems are the more they have to offer the search option doesn't always work a simple mark to link to if you've emailed someone before or they've spoken to you would be very useful!

They have this feature on another site, there's a link on the main profile page to view any messages sent or received from that member, I agree this feature is very handy.

Here you can add your own private note to the profile in question.

11 August 2011 08:14
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from cgwebster
They have this feature on another site, there's a link on the main profile page to view any messages sent or received from that member, I agree this feature is very handy.

Here you can add your own private note to the profile in question.

Although you can add private notes to profiles now, but i'm not sure if that is dependant on membership grade?

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 August 2011 08:21
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from dominicdgt
Although you can add private notes to profiles now, but i'm not sure if that is dependant on membership grade?

No frown
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 August 2011 08:23
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from dominicdgt
............. the search option doesn't always work

seems to work for - me - plus I do use a lot of (libellous) profile notes smiley

11 August 2011 09:02
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from mph
seems to work for - me - plus I do use a lot of (libellous) profile notes

Doesn't really help you tie mails together, if someone contacted a year ago you might not remember detail if they are starting a fresh message so instantly i can see we had a conversation before and what it said, also i might see a profile and the change of main pic and many pictures means i don't remember the individual in detail straight off, my system would give quick cross references to previous contact, also i might know someone as Karen but her user name is XXXHotlipsXXX how do i search, i have to go back to her profile establish what name he/she uses then search! My system once i've got the profile i'm away,

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 August 2011 09:08
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from dominicdgt
Doesn't really help you tie mails together, if someone contacted a year ago you might not remember detail if they are starting a fresh message so instantly i can see we had a conversation before and what it said, also i might see a profile and the change of main pic and many pictures means i don't remember the individual in detail straight off, my system would give quick cross references to previous contact, also i might know someone as Karen but her user name is XXXHotlipsXXX how do i search, i have to go back to her profile establish what name he/she uses then search! My system once i've got the profile i'm away,

Well if you can find the profile you have the user name so that is not a problem. Unless you start a large number of messages to the same model most of the messages will be in the last one you sent/received. I always delete the earliest message in any series of messages to reduce the problem.

Not arguing against the idea - just have not found it a problem.

11 August 2011 09:29
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from mph
Well if you can find the profile you have the user name so that is not a problem. Unless you start a large number of messages to the same model most of the messages will be in the last one you sent/received. I always delete the earliest message in any series of messages to reduce the problem.

Not arguing against the idea - just have not found it a problem.

I'm used to other sites/systems with better means of showing me the contact past and current, yes lots and lots of emails make it harder to find what i want, things don't have to be a problem to improve them

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
CIEGE_CJ Coldasice80 mandymack xxalixx
chandos extra_mayo frankpht Jamesfitzpatrick JohnDentonPhoto LGI modelimages4u NatashaCalamita Pegasuspics rscott360