LillyNewman
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
LillyNewman
Essex
Essex

Hey all!
I have a bit of an odd question regarding exercise.

I currently live in a flat with people living below me and as such struggle to carry out any cardio exercise at home (due to the noise it causes).
I go for a jog now and again but often find it inconvenient as I dont want to get up at silly o'clock in the morning, am not in the kind of place you can run in the dark (safety) and don't like to do it at around the time everybody is taking their kids to school lol.

I was wondering if anybody knows any exercises that get the blood pumping that would'nt make too much noise for downstairs!?

also any effective tone up moves would be greatly received!

Thanks all! Have a good day!

Lilly
x

10 August 2011 15:31
SerenDigital
Photographer

You could get a cheap exercise bike. I use my normal bike on a turbo trainer stand quite often, works well!

Jesfish is off-line
10 August 2011 15:33
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

If I were you I'd just go running when the school kids are out, then you can burn more calories dodging them!

Em_Jay is off-line
10 August 2011 15:38
Em_Jay
Model

West Midlands

Heya, I'm a personal trainer so can help you out. I'm happy to do you a free programme if you like?!
Pm me if its something you're interested in.

Em x

Catherine is off-lineSilver Member
10 August 2011 16:29
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

Oh dear feel for you. When I was expecting my first child , needed the loo in the night as you do and also went into early labour a few times and got up and ran baths, had a relaxing drink or phoned hospital a few times and the lady in the flat below ( thin floor ) complained!!!!

Good suggestions above. Execise bike or rowing machine ,if the floor is stable and won't creack or run at a convienient time,
Pilate is good for toning up. Is there a local cheap leisure center where you could do a cardio class or go swimming?
I once spent a weekend in Bath, with ass-kicking mum of 8 Miss Cath. No offence to this mummy, the play-fighting was funny. But now I might need an Osteopath! by Laya Randle-Conde

LJo is off-line
11 August 2011 10:06
LillyNewman
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
LillyNewman
Essex
Essex

Thank you for the replies!

Unfortunately I dont drive and dont have any free cash as I am a mere student lol

I found that doing kicks while putting my hands up and down works quite well but am getting bored of the same thing haha Also do not have space in a small flat for exercise machines (or the money to buy them!)

Megan Reynolds is off-line
11 August 2011 10:16
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

Try bodyrock.tv - might still be a little noisy in a flat, but great exercise, and free

Jenna Lou is off-line
11 August 2011 10:21
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

Do sit ups?

Also I don't know how it would affect the people below you, but I find that the dancing games on the Wii get me working up a sweat. Also Wii Fit is handy as it talks you through exercises. Obviously providing you have a Wii.

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
11 August 2011 10:24
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

I don't think you have much option that isn't buying an exercise bike. Charity shops often have them or cross trainers or step machines (I used to work in one), or you could get one through the ads in the paper? or you could buy an actual bike (secondhand maybe?) that must suck having people complain though!

11 August 2011 10:32
starr8
Model

Look in your local paper for cheap machines. I could always lend you my 3 children who provide me with more then enough exercise....lol x

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Cody Laila19 Michelledefeo1 tanyacox winX
ad360photo alienation2 antoinewynn bradder coolc700 CutePoacher duncanjames frankpht gerry99111 Images1854 James7799 keltica Kjoservices markwalden michaelangelo mlp nycoe scruff stevegosh Willjamieson
photo39