This thread is being watched by 1 person
Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
09 August 2011 17:58
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Hi, has anyone got experience of buying/using cosmetics by ELF UK. I appreciate they cover a large range of products but just wanted to see if they have a reputation as a good value brand that's worth using.

Thank you

Dominic

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/index.htm

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
09 August 2011 18:14
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Yep, I have!

Price - great

Products - can be great

Not a fan of the blusher, loved the brushes, some stuff arrived snapped and leaking which they promptly replaced, which snapped again, not cool, but I did like the actual product. Makeup bag zip broke after like a week. Fave product so far is the eyebrow treat and tame.

09 August 2011 18:26
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Thanks appreciate the feedback

Claire Shipman is off-line
10 August 2011 17:15
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Love the lip brushes for precise application, the eyelash curler is very popular ammoung Mua's, the studio range is better than the basic range, the studio Bronzer is really nice and is packaged like Nars so they dont skimp on the look of the products. Overall I would say the range is what the price is, cheap and cheerful with some products being outstanding for the price and other products just OK, like a lot of ranges really.

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
10 August 2011 18:09
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Guys there's a third off at the moment with orders under £15!!! You should all Like the Facebook page, called e.l.f. cosmetics or something they have deals quite regularly

Amy Pilkington is off-line
15 August 2011 13:19
amyuk09
Make-up Artist

Northumberland

Hi, I recently bought some of their products when they had the 50% off offer. Some products are great some not so great but not bad. To be fair though for the price of it its worth trying out! The stuff I wasn't keen on for my kit I have just put in my own make-up bag.
Wasn't that keen on the blusher brush I ordered but might have to try the lip brushes. I liked the mineral foundation and the bronser. xxx

kelly_odell is off-line
15 August 2011 13:24
kelly_odell
Make-up Artist

Leicestershire
leicester

i also think some great, then not so great - brushes are good, and the cleanseing equipment - WHEN they have them in stock,, as everything i want seems out of stock ,

i here the hd face powder is good..

but other than that, i feel that the face powders, blushers , eyeshadows, are powdery - talc n powdery, so i think they arent a good buy,,

i havent tried, concealers or anything, but i have heard their concealor highlighter is good - whihc i will try out,,

do not buy the eyebrow gel sets, the colours and application brush are rubbish

overall - keep to the better brands

15 August 2011 15:56
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Thanks again everyone, we placed an order today for £55, free delivery over £30, the list seems endless so no doubt looking at this stage good value for money but like so many things its likely some good, some bad.

Dominic

07 October 2011 19:19
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

I love the face whip highlighter..Its easy to use and you really only need the smallest amount for effect so its a complete bargain

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Danielamoreno1975 danixhale Dolphin Lushlolly Pinklilly tanyacox
abouncer azurphotos barrysmiles Blancho david1500 diphoto Essexjohn fannmore FlyingShot GlasgowPhotographer Hioctane ism1967 James7799 just_lez Kjoservices KrissB Ladiesman liteangle orca_photography philippahh Skystudio sniffer tonyk1
Bawdenj
harbourstudio