ken george is off-line
04 August 2011 14:44
kgp
Photographer
kgp
Clwyd
N.Wales & Merseyside

Quote from whicker
I've been a taxi driver, but I probably wouldn't do it again without a security guard in the front seat. For real. It just takes once incident to rattle you.

+1
I can't see the problem with chaperones out of over 1 hundred shoots I've only had one difficult chaperon, all I did was cancel the shoot  and what use is a model that’s on edge all the time

04 August 2011 15:31
TMG
Photographer

Quote from kgp
+1
I can't see the problem with chaperones out of over 1 hundred shoots I've only had one difficult chaperon, all I did was cancel the shoot  and what use is a model that’s on edge all the time

Same use as a photographer who's on edge all the time I guess.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
04 August 2011 16:02
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Do what you want. Just be upfront and polite.

If a photographer has a problem with a chaperone this gioves them the right to back out early no harm gone.

If the photographer acts like a prat then just ignore him.

It is your choice at the end of the day.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

04 August 2011 16:08
JadedRed
Model

Quote from garymck
Statically , this more likely to be the case.

Yeh but if models started spending most of their time with photographers, giving them their house keys and getting emotionally involved with them the statistics would soon flip

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
04 August 2011 17:50
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Quote from JadedRed
Yeh but if models started spending most of their time with photographers, giving them their house keys and getting emotionally involved with them the statistics would soon flip

80% of people are easily taken in by statistics

Jesfish is off-line
04 August 2011 17:56
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TarMoo is off-line
04 August 2011 18:17
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from kgp

For some reason, I am rarely impressed by the quality of photography from people who are keen on chaperones. Most of the best photographers have a positive dislike for them.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Kerry is off-line
04 August 2011 19:46
KerryW91
Model

Essex
Clacton

Thanks for all your views and opinions. Keep them coming it's good to get a broad range of opinions.

04 August 2011 20:15
PUNKuate
Photographer

Quote from tarmoo
For some reason, I am rarely impressed by the quality of photography from people who are keen on chaperones. Most of the best photographers have a positive dislike for them.

I've not really bothered to check photographers portfolios, but I can't think of any models who insist on chaperones that I've ever wanted to work with. (with the exception of 1, who is under 18.)
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

04 August 2011 20:33
whicker
Photographer

Quote from jes
ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Avatar is linked to the Smiths, not a personal belief one way or the other.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
fashion29 Lusciousabi29
Add_barkaway bengie BobWright Daveinsurrey Djanimation Don_Dark duncanjames firstforimages Fluffypup freddie imageatthemill JOOPninja Ladiesman Lumen marty55uk mg MIB mickhowarth nevillenev TonyNutley xcellent
harbourstudio