Minimising the risk of scars?

Suzy Monty is off-line
04 August 2011 15:06
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Aloe Vera juice right from the plants and not only does it aid in fading the scar, it is extremely soothing.

Vitamin E Oil (You can buy the capsules and rub the oil directly on the scar)

Rose Hip Oil (This is touted as a great remedy for stretch mark scars)

Here's another remedy I found by doing a search:

You can reduce a scar by mixing 3 drops of lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia) with I teaspoon of a carrier oil like grape seed oil. Apply this mix to the scar in the morning and at night for about a month to help minimize its appearance.

I am not sure that you can get a quick solution from the natural remedies. There are products made specifically for scars that might work better such as "Mederma", "Scarfade", any type of product containing glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy acid, and laser removal treatments.

Hope this helps you.

I have had an 8" Hamhepatectomy scar since March, recently saw a coconut  remedy in chemists last week...cost £10.00 a pack....still debating whether to buy, as Photo shop does such a good job!!!

Take care.no

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs chosin Michelledefeo1 Silkythighslou
AFYS AndyGStudios Apex_photo brendan Cadwallen Chris650 daseinphoto DavidN dby47 gazzer59 grahamsphotography lify markeos50d mghphoto rod_m99 Rscott360 stephenmuddell talldave68 ttstinger will_i_am Willjamieson
grailmodels