Minimising the risk of scars?

Kirsty Dick is off-line
28 July 2011 15:51
kursttie
Model

London
London

Hi all,

I have some serious cuts on my leg and I'm worried about them scarring. Is there anything out there that can make the scars less noticable?

I know a few products claim to be able to do this, but does anyone have any expereinces or reccomendations for products?

Thanks,
Kirsty.

28 July 2011 15:57
JadedRed
Model

Massage with a good moisturiser apparently. No personal experience though.

ICONIC :P is off-line
28 July 2011 16:11
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

dont let it dry out and dont pick
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Flobelob is off-line
28 July 2011 16:19
flobelob
Photographer

Tyne and Wear

Without being alarmist, the sooner wounds that might produce scars are seen by medical people the better. 'Clean' cuts eg scalpel wounds, properly stitched heal with less scarring than rougher wounds, especially if tissue has been torn out and/or are at stress/flex positions. Vitamin K and E creams can help. Get them looked at!

Kirsty Dick is off-line
28 July 2011 16:28
kursttie
Model

London
London

They are scalpel wounds and did not need stitching. There were 5 and they have all faded apart from the biggest one which I am worried will scar.

I will have a look at Vitamin K and E creams.

Thanks for all your replies.

Fleur du Mal is off-lineSilver Member
29 July 2011 16:58
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
This member has been reset to pending
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

Bio-oil did the trick for me.  Faded my surgery scars after a month and my stretchmarks from my boob-growth spurt after a week ...
Mr P to Fleur: "Oh, are you the cleavage lady?" www.badflower.co.uk

Amber West is off-line
29 July 2011 17:01
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Bio-oil. Only worked slightly for me, but other people I know swear by it.

Raj Patel is off-lineGold Member
01 August 2011 18:47
dr_raj
Photographer
dr_raj
Greater Manchester
Stockport

regular deep massage of the scar with something oily / greasy such as vaseline. silicone sheets from the pharmacy can help. go and see your GP sooner rather than later if the scar appears to be over-growing as he/she may want to prescribe or use steroid ointments or injections

Araneae is off-lineSilver Member
04 August 2011 11:38
Araneae
Model
Araneae
Hampshire
Farnham

Massage totally helps.  Get some jojoba oil, and give your leg a good massage.  If you have a partner, make them do it.  But the best thing you can do is to let it heal naturally and keep massaging it.  Scalpel cuts will produce very fine lines when healed and should be barely noticable.
As long as you don't pick at it and let it heal nicely you should get away with very minimal to no scarring.
Alternative/Fetish model, great rates!!

Kirsty Dick is off-line
04 August 2011 14:08
kursttie
Model

London
London

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

I have bought some bio-oil and massage it into the cuts twice a day which will hopefully work.

Thanks again =)

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Jessicaliu1993 natpenelope Natural_happy_girl SuzyMonty
antoinewynn bayford dby47 Don_Dark edwards ImageStyle mlp PhilStorm pvfb scott24 smphotographic stuartnoo Thunder_Photos totalpics TROY4
harbourstudio