MUA's and TF*

Kirsty Dick is off-line
28 July 2011 15:25
kursttie
Model

London
London

Hi all,

I was just browsing the MUA chat and there's a lot of talk about money and what an MUA charges.

Do MUA's generally need models to practice and take TF* pictures for their portfolio?

I'm really interested in working with MUA.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Kirsty.

Laura McIntyre (née Ford) is off-line
28 July 2011 15:50
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Lothian
West Lothian and Edinburgh

I suppose there's no harm in messaging any MUA's that happen to be within your travel radius to ask if they fancy a model for working on for their portfolio, especially if you can set something up with a good tog on a tf* basis to get both you and the MUA portfolio-worthy images.

A really good MUA is well worth the money though so if you really want to jazz up your port with some great headshots, you could offer to pay one and either extend a fee to a photographer as well for images, or see if the tog would work with you tf* on the grounds that they would end up with some nice images for themselves too. I'd wager there are a few togs would happily tf* with a model who was paying a good MUA.

Good luck
A dry sponge is a happy sponge.

28 July 2011 15:52
SerenDigital
Photographer

Quote from kursttie
Hi all, I was just browsing the MUA chat and there's a lot of talk about money and what an MUA charges. Do MUA's generally need models to practice and take TF* pictures for their portfolio? I'm really interested in working with MUA. Thanks for any help you can give. Kirsty.

Yes, but you will most likely have a problem getting one because you are in London.

Make up artists in London who are certified can pretty much just phone an agency, show some shots, and get new faces for nothing.

They don't need to practise on just anyone.

28 July 2011 15:56
JadedRed
Model

Quote from SerenDigital
Yes, but you will most likely have a problem getting one because you are in London.

Make up artists in London who are certified can pretty much just phone an agency, show some shots, and get new faces for nothing.

They don't need to practise on just anyone.

College students maybe, though you risk getting what you pay for there.

Kirsty Dick is off-line
28 July 2011 16:06
kursttie
Model

London
London

Thanks for all your advice guys

I will keep everything you said in mind.

28 July 2011 16:42
SerenDigital
Photographer

Quote from JadedRed
College students maybe, though you risk getting what you pay for there.

I went to a lecture by some College of Fashion students last year.  For the majority of their course/coursework they practice on each other in the labs.  For "special" work they get agency models...

28 July 2011 17:03
JadedRed
Model

Quote from SerenDigital
I went to a lecture by some College of Fashion students last year.  For the majority of their course/coursework they practice on each other in the labs.  For "special" work they get agency models...

I was thinking more local college ND students (or whatever it is they study at FE level). Round here they always needed people to do beauty techniques on, dont know how they would be about make-up.

Kirsty Dick is off-line
28 July 2011 17:17
kursttie
Model

London
London

Thats a good idea, I will have a look around my local colleges.

Sammyj is off-line
19 October 2011 07:27
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

The college that I trained at have a salon and have clients for make up or we bring in friends as models, but most of that is done in the training salon rather than on set.
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Anniebabe fashion29 merseyjen
alt antoinewynn Blancho carpe_diem fannmore IanHighlander jayfish Kjoservices lasse love MauricesImagery oro poah rembrandt rscott360 si_mo siclews Steveh32 whitepython