Last minute clearing house

MicMac is off-lineSilver Member
22 July 2011 03:21
Macman
Photographer
Macman
West Midlands
Birmingham

Sometimes I find myself with a day off and would like shoot. A normal casting call doesn't always work rapidly enough to sort something out.

Might it be possible to have a casting call clearing house where photographers and models can put themselves into an 'available today pool' and then once pairings are made, they drop off the list. Details such as 'can work at home' or 'studio available around the corner' become particularly important to sort things out last minute.

I know I'd use such a facility - perhaps others would too. Or perhaps others feel that the existing casting call system works well enough and I'm not drawing full value from it.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Hodson is off-line
22 July 2011 03:47
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I was amused recently. A model advertised "Shoot today" I replied at 09:30 the same day offering to be there in an hour - and she had logged off!

She finally read it at 1 o'clock. Never did get a reply!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

22 July 2011 03:47
starr8
Model

I think that's it a great idea and it would be good to see if it would work.

Lifescapes is off-line
22 July 2011 04:17
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

Quote from mph
I was amused recently. A model advertised "Shoot today" I replied at 09:30 the same day offering to be there in an hour - and she had logged off! She finally read it at 1 o'clock. Never did get a reply!

Maybe you were beaten to it wink
"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

Profile Pictures is off-line
22 July 2011 04:19
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

+1 Good idea

Paul Hodson is off-line
22 July 2011 04:40
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Lifescapes
Maybe you were beaten to it wink

Could be. As she was unlikely to get a zillion responses an answer eventually would have been appreciated. Still - I may not suggest a shoot again.............
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

22 July 2011 12:52
TMG
Photographer

Good idea.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa bonni_cuffs chosin Just_janine Micah68
Andy_B davejarvis djb1 duncanjames hylander JohnDentonPhoto Jonathan52 kaosrox Ladiesman lfc9_uk matt68uk MIB mlp orca_photography Philski poah Puremoods RMI rod_m99 stevegosh Steveh32 swalsh58 tarmoo Twigtitus westend_portfolios