Reminder Secure

is there anyway to block someone seeing my profile

This thread is being watched by 2 people
21 July 2011 04:55
Ash_R
Photographer

as in unsearchable, and cant see it when logged in? so that i can turn certain images private so i can stop a certain member seeing them basically

Lifescapes is off-line
21 July 2011 05:09
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

You can set images to 'Private' but that only means no members can't see them. Logged in members will be able to see them normally - I think.
"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
21 July 2011 05:16
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Why would you want to do that? Thought the idea of posting pictures was for people to see them if you don,t want pictures to be seen don,t post them

21 July 2011 05:18
Webbo2
Photographer

Quote from paulford
Why would you want to do that? Thought the idea of posting pictures was for people to see them if you don,t want pictures to be seen don,t post them

While I would normally agree, in this case it seems the OP want an individual to be unable to see his photos (correct me if I'm wrong). As far as I know it can't be done.
EYUP!

21 July 2011 06:47
Ash_R
Photographer

because one of my models has her boss stalking her and has got a model to check on her account her account and possibly my own, to attain the photos. ive already had to secure my galleries and everything else. but the guy is a pest with more money than sense. and is trying to stop her from modeling for his own ends. and i dont want him to get the pictures from me, yet id like to put them on my portfolio, as would the model.

21 July 2011 07:36
Gfun
Photographer

Its not your problem but she should read this -

www.uknetguide.co.uk/Employment/Article/Sexual_Harassment_at_Work-100658.html

then after CAB call ACAS www.acas.org.uk

then if she has a case a solicitor to take the slime-ball for a shedload of cash

G

edit - as your local if she wants specific guidance I will put her in touch with some legals who will take care of her through the process.

21 July 2011 08:09
SerenDigital
Photographer

Quote from Gfun
Its not your problem but she should read this -

www.uknetguide.co.uk/Employment/Article/Sexual_Harassment_at_Work-100658.html

then after CAB call ACAS www.acas.org.uk

then if she has a case a solicitor to take the slime-ball for a shedload of cash

G

edit - as your local if she wants specific guidanceĀ I will put her in touch with some legals who will take care of her through the process.

Sexual harassment is a VERY serious conclusion to jump to when there has been no indication of that mentioned. Perhaps her boss just doesnt like his employees doing this sort of hobby outside of work. Perhaps s/he feels the model is bringing the company into disrepute. Maybe the company is trying to bring a disciplinary against her.

Maybe she needs to revaluate either her choice to do modeling or her choice to work where she does.

You can't block people from seeing stuff on the Internet, there is always a way.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
21 July 2011 08:17
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Ash_R
is there anyway to block someone seeing my profile

Yep. Get a court injunction to prevent them accessing the internet. Seemples!

Bob

21 July 2011 09:35
Gfun
Photographer

Best to take sexual harassment at face value as its damaging and debilitating to the recipient and long term depletes confidence and ruins lives. 
and she will need and deserves all the support she can get.  The legals will soon sort out if its real or sexual or just harassment or frivolous.

If the company is trying to build a case against her then they also need the three organisations provided as the way they are doing it will drop them in the brown and sticky stuff!   

But it all sounds a bit wrong to me :-) 

Quote from SerenDigital
Sexual harassment is a VERY serious conclusion to jump to when there has been no indication of that mentioned. Perhaps her boss just doesnt like his employees doing this sort of hobby outside of work. Perhaps s/he feels the model is bringing the company into disrepute. Maybe the company is trying to bring a disciplinary against her. Maybe she needs to revaluate either her choice to do modeling or her choice to work where she does. You can't block people from seeing stuff on the Internet, there is always a way.

21 July 2011 10:38
Ash_R
Photographer

hes obssessed with her. unfortunatly. but if theres no way to block a specific member seeing her pics i a will tell her. the guys a froot loop. tried to have me beaten up for just taking photos of her, because it wasnt him taking the photos, then tried to bribe me, then tried to spread my name as being unproffesional.. but oh well. i just wont use her pics on here. thanks anyway. its not worth all the aggro. i never thought being a photographer would give me obssesive psycopathic enemies :/

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment KayleighChristina Natural_happy_girl Pinklilly PrettyDiamond SJH30
abouncer andygstudios carshaltonkev cliffc couchestudio davkit Don_Dark Essexjohn Hioctane James7799 Kiboko Ladiesman Leztec LGMPhotographic MIB nunude panda49 philippahh rossvincent rumbleuk steveh32 WesternRoom
Charlottealom