Itchy skin

Fallen Angel is off-line
20 July 2011 14:36
fallingAngel
Model
fallingAngel
Merseyside
wirral

Well basically i bought a new razor a while back and every time i shave my legs they itch like mad afterwards, the itchiness is unbearable.
I use Dove moisturising cream to shave my legs so there well moisturised

Has anyone experienced this or have any solutions to what i can do before i scratch my legs off?

Many thanks
Falling Angel

Jenna Lou is off-line
20 July 2011 14:38
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

If they're still itching even after moisturising, I suggest using a non scented/sensitive moisturiser.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 July 2011 14:39
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Is it a razor with a gel strip?

A few years ago I discovered I was allergic to aloe vera after using products containing it (including disposable razors with the gel strip and aloe shaving foam)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

20 July 2011 14:40
DeeElegia
Model

Some razors have oils etc on the moisturising strip, which you may be allergic too. Also Dove use aluminium in their deodorants as well as their moisturisers, which I am allergic to. Maybe you are too?
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

Fallen Angel is off-line
20 July 2011 14:44
fallingAngel
Model
fallingAngel
Merseyside
wirral

Yes it has a gel strip, its the quattro wilkison sword one which has a trimmer on also.

Has this been known to sometimes be the case? Just change razors incase the gel strip is irritating me?

Falling Angel x

Fallen Angel is off-line
20 July 2011 14:48
fallingAngel
Model
fallingAngel
Merseyside
wirral

I have also been using my dove moisterising cream to shave for a while and never any problems, i think maybe it all started when i did get this new razor, or also i have been going on sunbeds lately, after like 5 years of never going on them

FA x

20 July 2011 14:51
DeeElegia
Model

Sounds like it's likely to be the strip on the razor, then. Annoyingly they tend to put them on most razors out there. I find that the men's range of razors don't have that problem. And they're much better anyway.

Jenna Lou is off-line
20 July 2011 14:53
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

Quote from DialADaisyI find that the men's range of razors don't have that problem. And they're much better anyway.

Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys men's razors. 

20 July 2011 14:56
DeeElegia
Model

Quote from DamagedRoses1987
Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys men's razors. 

Hee hee.
I used to steal my Dad's when I lived with him, so when I moved out I just started buying them. I've tried the women's range but they just don't compete with a good old man's razor.

beauvoir is off-line
20 July 2011 16:52
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Yes.

I shave with baby oil, I use a fresh razor each time and I use men's facial after shave balm when I'm done shaving.

Perhaps use something lighter than Dove as a moisturiser, like Diprobase or Aqueous cream.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Michelledefeo1 Yenguo
Dandelion djb1 Essexjohn funky GlasgowPhotographer JohnDentonPhoto keltica lester2705 MIB mkitos mlp oro ownimage penfoldpc peteb PhilStorm powerbook92 read severndigital Thunder_Photos Willjamieson