This thread is being watched by 4 people
Barney Douglas is off-line
05 July 2011 03:03
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

Sunday 28 August.  Start time 9.30 am for a 9.45 am start.

We have 26 togs interested as at the launch of this thread, so unless the number drops below 24, sorry no more togs.  Any togs wishing to go in as a reserve please PM me.  They will be taken in strict date-time order of PM.

Models, MUA's and stylists welcome.  We have 13 models - 17 places remain

Shoot sessions last 50 minutes.  Lunch 1.35 pm for 35 minutes.  Last shoot ends 5.00pm.  The daft group shot with everybody at 5.15 pm.  I promise I won't be borrowing Jason's gas masks.

For security reasons I cannot give you the exact location YET.  That will be done by PM in due course.  Suffice to say the following:
  • It's in West Sussex, north of the South Downs, the view is stunning.
  • There is no public transport immediately past the door on a Sunday.  The closest bus is the 17 service from Horsham (9.01 am) arriving at Partridge Green at 9.35 am (two miles from the venue).  So you'll either need a car, or smile sweetly at someone else attending to pick you up on route from any main line railway station in the area - Haywards Heath, Horsham, Pulborough, Worthing and Shoreham-by-Sea are all just over ten miles from the venue.
The venue: Georgian Country House, substantial grounds, several small intimate gardens with statues, outdoor heated swimming pool with indoor changing facilities, stables, folly, kitchen, toilets, gas barbecue for our use (bring your own food), at least two gazebos, on-site parking and ten cars that you will not want to miss.  The view to the South Downs about eight miles away does not contain a single man-made object.  The venue is regularly used by TV and film producers, magazines and fashion houses for publicity work.  In a word, it is stunning!

Our host is a retired racing and rally car driver, a contemporary of Sterling Moss, Graham Hill and Juan Fangio, who has competed in the Monte Carlo Rally and the Mille Miglia.  He is supplying seven cars, and a near neighbour is supplying three.  The cars range in age from an almost new Bentley Continental open top tourer to a 1922 Charron Laycock 4-seater open tourer.  All cars in concours condition.  There is a large barn with motor racing memoribilia.  Full details by real email only (photos in a password protected zip file now available - if you want to see them please register your interest on the thread first then send me a PM with your email address).

The charity will be nominated by our host.  It is most likely either to be Dogs Trust or Worthing and District Animal Rescue Society.

The cost:
  • Togs: £25
  • Professional and semi-professional models: £10
  • Amateur models: £5
  • MUAs and stylists: £5
  • To reserve any one car for exclusive use for one hour: £10
All fees are payable in advance by Paypal or BACS - no refunds for no-shows except hospitalisation or bereavement involving self or immediate family member.  If you pay by BACS I will have deduct a small amount to cover bank charges if you pull out.

The full list of cars - all in concours condition except the Mini Moke:
  • 2010 Bentley Continental open-top tourer
  • 2008 Mercedes Benz SL
  • 1978 Mini Moke
  • 1969 Porsche 356
  • 1968 Jaguar E-Type soft top (named the most desirable car of all time in a Daily Telegraph poll)
  • 1961 Mercedes Benz 300SL roadster
  • 1958 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud
  • 1955 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing
  • 1934 Lagonda 4-litre open tourer
  • 1922 Charron Laycock 4-seater open tourer - the only remaining example of this car in the world
The strict rules:
  • All togs and models stay for the full day, and while I am quite happy for togs to bring their own models to work with on an exclusive basis for half of the day, both those togs and models must be willing to work with other togs and models for the other half of the day as a means of helping others gain experience.
  • Models' levels will be respected throughout the day.
  • Any disputes on the day, my decision is final.
  • Because of the value of the cars all togs must confirm they hold Public Liability insurance, with whom and the expiry date of the policy.  (Should be covered by your home insurance policy - please PM the details when you confirm definite attendance).
  • All shoots should ideally be covered by a release form, but it is not compulsory; (I always use a release form).  This is to protect your right to use the images where the venue is identifiable.  If you don't have one I will supply blank fill-in-the-gaps forms.
  • If you want to attend please send me a PM containing your telephone number and your real email address.
The togs so far:
  • From Purestorm:
  • From other sites:
    • Steve26 - Steven Hayward - Rochester, Kent
    • Little Harry - Harry Elliott - Portsmouth, Hampshire
    • Anders26 - Andy Hayter - Tonbridge, Kent
    • JoeSix - London
    • StGeorge - London
    • Crusier - Paul Crusier - Maidstone, Kent
    • SimonL - Simon Latimer - Manama, Bahrein
    • Freddyhesk - Fred Hesketh - Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
    • Picmaster - Andrew White - Bridgewater, Somerset
    • ChrisD - Chris Dee - Hampshire
The models so far:
  • From Purestorm:
  • From other sites:
    • Miu - Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Laura Kaye - Gravesend, Kent (also on Purestorm)
    • Sexylady666 - Crawley, West Sussex (also on Purestorm)
    • Jacs - Lowestoft, Suffolk
    • AnnaPhoenix - Shenfield, Essex
    • Cody - London
    • Angela Hudson - Harrogate, Yorkshire
TOGS: At this stage please confirm your attendance on the thread, and confirm who you are bringing as an additional model.

MODELS: At this stage please confirm your attendance on the thread, and please state if you need a lift from a railway station.  Then start smiling swetly at all the togs.

Any questions please ask in this forum so everyone can see the answers.
"Simplicity in Photography for over 25 Years"

05 July 2011 07:12
Siras
Photographer

Confirming: Me + 1 model (name tbc)

PM + Paypal payment to follow

Have to say I'm everso impressed with all the info and links, must have taken ages!

Si
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is

Chris Dee is off-line
05 July 2011 19:09
ChrisD
Photographer
ChrisD
Hampshire

Sadly now the date has been confirmed as Sunday 28 August as opposed to one of the other dates you'd mentioned I cannot attend. I will be shooting overseas.

06 July 2011 11:51
nickteb
Photographer

really sorry but i'm on holiday that day and can't make it. really disappointed as this looks like a great shoot to join. yep, just really sorry i can't be there.

thanks for keeping me in the loop and wish you all well on the day.

nick

Dave Beasley is off-line
06 July 2011 13:16
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Yes please, I'll be coming

Dave

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
06 July 2011 13:23
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

I wish you could do this in Scotland.

Please move about 500 miles up the country.

I am in love with the cars.

Never mind the models.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Tony S is off-line
06 July 2011 16:53
TonyS
Photographer
TonyS
West Sussex
Shoreham By Sea

Woohoo!

I`ll be driving from Shoreham if anyone needs a lift.

Barney Douglas is off-line
07 July 2011 05:56
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE

I have spoken to the venue and they are happy to accept that togs and models will be careful, but Public Liability Insurance is no longer a specific requirement.

Just remember when we are there that you'll be posing and working round £4million-quids worth of cars.
"Simplicity in Photography for over 25 Years"

Dave Beasley is off-line
10 July 2011 12:19
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Barney,

I will not be bringing another model, so how will models/togs be assigned for the day?

Dave

10 July 2011 16:59
Beckie92
Model

Thank you Looking forward to going.
Is there anyone who can give a lift from Southampton? Would be much appreciated. Thank you.

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin
FirstLifePhotography iestyn john_at_tina_spice JohnDentonPhoto