This thread is being watched by 1 person
Catherine is off-lineSilver Member
04 July 2011 05:38
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

Getting rather irritated by photographers who cannot be bothered to reply to messages. I am NOT talking about spamming people but replying to casting calls or making helpful suggestions when someone is looking for a location. Photographers keep moaning about models not replying. I usually spend some time on these messages giving the correct information providing links etc. it would be just polite to say no thanks or thank you for your mail.

A while back Matt was able to tell people what there reply rate was. This was just initial reply ,somebody has to end a conversation.

How about publishing peoples reply rates on their profiles and next to their avatars so one can see if there is much point in contacting someone and avoid
flakes and time wasters?
I once spent a weekend in Bath, with ass-kicking mum of 8 Miss Cath. No offence to this mummy, the play-fighting was funny. But now I might need an Osteopath! by Laya Randle-Conde

04 July 2011 05:40
BaileyK
Model

Quote from catherinewilliams
Getting rather irritated by photographers who cannot be bothered to reply to messages. I am NOT talking about spamming people but replying to casting calls or making helpful suggestions when someone is looking for a location. Photographers keep moaning about models not replying. I usually spend some time on these messages giving the correct information providing links etc. it would be just polite to say no thanks or thank you for your mail.

A while back Matt was able to tell people what there reply rate was. This was just initial reply ,somebody has to end a conversation.

How about publishing peoples reply rates on their profiles and next to their avatars so one can see if there is much point in contacting someone and avoid
flakes and time wasters?

Thats all well and good but I have had numerous times when I have been sent 2-3 of the same messages!
I reply to them all as I heard about the reply rate but it is silly!

04 July 2011 05:48
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

I'm sure it could be tweaked so that you only had to answer the same person once in a day.

Also maybe it could not start counting for new models for a couple weeks when they get inudated with messages.
I once spent a weekend in Bath, with ass-kicking mum of 8 Miss Cath. No offence to this mummy, the play-fighting was funny. But now I might need an Osteopath! by Laya Randle-Conde

04 July 2011 05:52
gin_and_tonic
Model

I think its one of the perks if your a Gold or Platinum member,
you can see peoples reply rate as it appears on your port

04 July 2011 08:09
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

Quote from gin_and_tonic
I think its one of the perks if your a Gold or Platinum member,
you can see peoples reply rate as it appears on your port

oh didn't realise that ,should be avilable to all members.

04 July 2011 08:21
SerenDigital
Photographer

Quote from catherinewilliams
flakes and time wasters?

Why should people be penalised because they get lots of unsuitable approaches from people?  For instance I have one guy who keeps emailing me every month or so, plus every time I place a casting call...  should I be penalised with my rating just because I've already told him I don't have anything suitable and *I* will contact *him* if anything comes up?

Peter Hague is off-line
04 July 2011 11:13
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from SerenDigital
Why should people be penalised because they get lots of unsuitable approaches from people?  For instance I have one guy who keeps emailing me every month or so, plus every time I place a casting call...  should I be penalised with my rating just because I've already told him I don't have anything suitable and *I* will contact *him* if anything comes up?

+1. (except it's a girl in my case)
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

TarMoo is off-line
04 July 2011 11:29
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

My reply rate is 94%. The reply rate for catherinewilliams is only 80%, which is quite low in my opinion.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

04 July 2011 12:22
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

I can't see why having checked through the last year there is nothing I have not replied to.

I can only assume it goes back to when Kruse was sending me up to 5 messages a day of drivel and abuse untill I blocked him.He did that to quite few people.As you probably know hes banned.

If people are sending repeated unwelcome requests prehaps you should warn them and if the don't stop either report or block them.

04 July 2011 13:01
Dekker
Photographer

I reckon it is because ALL conversations must end at some point...so someone's reply rate is going to suffer. I can just see it now...

"Do you want TFCD work?"
"No thanks"
"Ok, no worries..."
"Thanks"
"You're welcome"
"You too."
"Stop it..."
"No you stop it..."
etc.

I reply to pretty much every mail I initially get...maybe replies to replies to be discounted from this. All we're interested in how often people actually bother replying in the first place.

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Dionne_94 kylied
AndrewF biggles485 cliffc djb1 Dphphotography fannmore iamge johntisbury JSP Kentrichuk Ladiesman mike0048 philippahh photomart Rhadamanthus Steveh32 talldave68 vapourtrail