Reminder Secure

Casting Call-refine search

03 July 2011 06:17
Matthew1988
Photographer

Casting calls are currently listed by the most recently added. This is not much use if you put one up weeks in advance as you will get it seen on the first few days but it will soon be lost on page 8 or 9 of the list where no one will see it.
The option to put when the casting call is should be used to refine the search as this is much more useful than knowing when it was posted.
I would like to see the current search fields along with a "date of shoot field" so you can see all casting calls that show the model/photgrapher to be available for that specific date.

03 July 2011 06:39
gin_and_tonic
Model

I have seen castings from photographers and models that say,

"I have next week off so am free any day"

If you had to put a date in then you would have to post a casting for every day

but under the new Provisional Fair Usage Policy:

•Basic Member:............3 per month........... (Max frequency: 1 CC every 7 days)
•Silver Member.............6 per month........... (Max frequency: 1 CC every 5 days)
•Gold Member:............10 per month...........(Max frequency: 1 CC every 3 days)
•Platinum Member:......15 per month...........(Max frequency: 1 CC every 2 days)

so even a Platinum member could only cast for 3 shoots in that week

and yourself as a free member could only put up one casting

03 July 2011 13:25
Matthew1988
Photographer

On the page where you write up the casting call it gives you an optional start and end date, so if you wanted to post for the week you do one casting call and put the start and finish date for that week in.

I'm not talking about changing how you post a casting call, it's about how you search through them.

If I am only free on Wednesday then the casting call that is for all dates from Monday to Friday will still show up as Wednesday is withing that range. What you won't get is all the casting calls that are for dates that your not interested in.

It's just another way to filter down the results in a more useful way. At the moment you get the most recently posted casting calls first and have to wade through them all to find one that is for the dates that you are looking for. Why do all the hard work yourself when a simple drop down box can make such a difference.

Ross is off-line
05 September 2011 12:47
originalturbo
Photographer
originalturbo
Kent
Sevenoaks

+1
http://www.rtphotography.co.uk

Simon Fairclough is off-line
05 September 2011 13:35
SimonFairclough
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
SimonFairclough
London
Hammersmith

Wouldn't it make sense to post a casting 1st when you know you have a shoot, then post again if you haven't filled the casting just before the shoot.
I find there is little to zero response from an old casting, I only get a response in the first few days of the call going out...

I think you would be wrong in thinking that anyone would be searching like that for castings, IMHO...

But now I'm questioning my knowledge of the rules...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but under the new Provisional Fair Usage Policy:

•Basic Member:............3 per month........... (Max frequency: 1 CC every 7 days)
•Silver Member.............6 per month........... (Max frequency: 1 CC every 5 days)
•Gold Member:............10 per month...........(Max frequency: 1 CC every 3 days)
•Platinum Member:......15 per month...........(Max frequency: 1 CC every 2 days)

so even a Platinum member could only cast for 3 shoots in that week

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gosh I hope I keep within these rule, because some weeks I need slightly more than 2 a week, then I won't have a casting for the rest of the month....
Golf is the most fun you can have without taking your clothes off.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs Cody missminiskirt Vickiej
abouncer Add_barkaway antoinewynn Chadite Cheshunt83 cliffc Don_Dark James7799 johntisbury Kjoservices Ladiesman mamamiya mghphoto MIB natkins NigelAdams Nunude Photojames43 redwrenstudios Scotography Studio4 thelook whitepython
harbourstudio