Reminder Secure

Bridal Deposits

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Amy Pilkington is off-line
01 July 2011 14:34
amyuk09
Make-up Artist

Northumberland

I've finally worked out all my pricing and now need to work out a deposit structure. Having looked on other MUA sites everyone seems to do it differently and some seem quite complicated
How do you do your's? What is the simplest way to ensure you get a fair deposit without making it to complicated?

Thanks x

01 July 2011 16:23
Daisey_
Model

Why don't you just ask for a percentage i.e. 25% or whatever is financially viable

Craig Cooke is off-lineGold Member
01 July 2011 16:34
storm7
Photographer

Lancashire
Bolton

Don't call it a deposit, it's a booking fee which secures your services ?

01 July 2011 21:13
ConPhot
Photographer

To stay within the law the booking fee should be no more than 25% of the contract value.

Claire Shipman is off-line
04 July 2011 07:38
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Hi Amy,

My terms are 50% (non refundable) upfront deposit to secure the wedding date, you need to take something upfront as you get a lot of indecisive brides who will try and cancel on you and when your getting several enquiries for the same day, which I often do it has to be first come first served.

Take a look at my site if you like www.bridalblushes.co.uk you can see my terms etc on there.

Hope this helps

Claire x

Amy Pilkington is off-line
04 July 2011 12:19
amyuk09
Make-up Artist

Northumberland

Hi All

Thank You so much for your help.

Claire I think I will follow your lead, I have been messed around a few times myself so thought I better get something properly in place.

Thanks

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
04 July 2011 13:23
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Quote from ConPhot
To stay within the law the booking fee should be no more than 25% of the contract value.

Do you have a link to back this up please? Many thanks

Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

04 July 2011 15:01
ConPhot
Photographer

Si,

Contact the office of fair trading, I can't off the top of my head remember who we dealt with as it was a while ago but their rules on fairness is a 25% booking fee. This doesn't inlude extras that may be charged at the current price, it's to do with contract value. So, if you do packages and it's say £1000, then £250 max. If you take a booking fee and shoot so that the client can have what they wish they would view it at somewhere around the lowest package based on your types of coverage. (So if you shot for four hours and they could buy as they wish, say your package with 50 images comes in at around four hours and £800 they'd be looking at around £200)

It doesn't really make a lot difference to anyone really unless you end up in court, that's then when it'd be looked at with a fine tooth comb a bit like not getting the contract signed in front of the photographer.

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
04 July 2011 15:33
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Thanks for the info. I think it would be an intreating one if it went to court. I chose 50% booking fee as fair. I'll check it with a lawyer.

Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

Claire Shipman is off-line
05 July 2011 08:29
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from amyuk09
Hi All Thank You so much for your help. Claire I think I will follow your lead, I have been messed around a few times myself so thought I better get something properly in place. Thanks

Brides never seem to have a problem with the 50% upfront rule even when their wedding is next year 

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa
flashharry Phiesta1 Thunder_Photos