Reminder Secure

When referring friends ........ Don't keep them waiting !!!

30 June 2011 07:03
Scottish_Snapper
Photographer

When you go to the bother of recommending your friends / work colleagues to this site, it would be nice if they weren't kept waiting for weeks on end to have their completed accounts approved AND their repeated requests for updates ignored. All just makes the site look bad and other look bad for referring them.

30 June 2011 07:05
BaileyK
Model

Quote from Scottish_Snapper
When you go to the bother of recommending your friends / work colleagues to this site, it would be nice if they weren't kept waiting for weeks on end to have their completed accounts approved AND their repeated requests for updates ignored. All just makes the site look bad and other look bad for referring them.

There might be many reasons..
Perhaps them not having the correct images OR NOT bothering to fill in their profile information etc.

PS has a lot to deal with and can't just accept people willy nilly.... Although sometimes it appears other websites certainly do!
I am sure they have the ability to chase their profiles up and ask why they haven't been approved etc

30 June 2011 07:19
Scottish_Snapper
Photographer

Well i've checked their profiles and they are fully completed; good selection of photos; well worded sensible blurb etc. I've given them the option of a referral as they are both my models and have worked with them both on a number of shoots all over Scotland .... still were into the second week with no approval.

I've written to admin (got the standard auto responder only) and they have both written to admin on a number of occasions and still no reason why there has been this delay. It's not like the PureStorm I know ... not sure what's gone wrong lately.

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
30 June 2011 07:25
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

I took about a week to be approved, and my profile was really bad when I joined. Maybe they are short staffed on profile approvers?

30 June 2011 08:06
Scottish_Snapper
Photographer

I was only a few days. I'm sure it'll get sorted eventually, its just frustrating when you are waiting for the word. This is a great site, cant fault it really, that's why i recommended it to the girls.

Lady_galaxy92 ... You're profile is amazing; such lovely pictures )

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
30 June 2011 08:08
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Jon although you only see this one or 2 account with delays, you may find that behind the scenes there are many asking the same questions.
If admin are answering your mails, they have given up time to make live some other account.

I'm sure if there is a definate problem they would make contact.
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
30 June 2011 08:11
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Thank you Mr Snapper, I do try But I joined 6 months ago and had a few amateurish photos that no longer remain.

J x

30 June 2011 08:12
PUNKuate
Photographer

I noticed on another site people said they had been waiting months, and hadn't had any response. Mine took about an hour tho, so I can't complain.
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ashleighmckenzie Danielamoreno1975 danixhale maria_dyl VickMur Winterlilly
ALANOMNIA bob22 dave71 davidn freddie GlasgowPhotographer marty55uk Mattcairns MauricesImagery mike0048 plld ppalmer78 rankin22 redmedia swalsh58 two_stops Vapourtrail wacTony
photo39