mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from gerryquiff
I'm 46 I just look 16 

No - I meant girls! smiley
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
27 June 2011 13:55
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Do you mean that when a person views your page they can see that they are on your favourite list?

Like when you go on a person's page and you have previously added them to favourites?

That would be a good idea.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Gavin is off-line
27 June 2011 15:03
lke
Photographer

Nottinghamshire
Nottingham and London

Quote from pinkbuildingphotography
Do you mean that when a person views your page they can see that they are on your favourite list?

Like when you go on a person's page and you have previously added them to favourites?

That would be a good idea.

Not quite, when you add someone as a favorite there is an option to notify that person (with a mail or system message) to let that person know that you have added them to your favorites. So if for example I added you as a favorite I would have the choice to send you an automatic message saying ......'lke has added you to his favorites list' .

An extension of that is your idea that if you (and you only) went on my page you could (with my consent) see if you were on my favoirtes list.

Ken Smith is off-line
27 June 2011 21:22
Ken_Smith
Photographer
Ken_Smith
Nottinghamshire
Ashfield

Please can we also have 'Enemy' and 'Avoid' lists?

Then we can send someone a notification when they're added to those too...

David Wilder, Unemployed, 42, ROCK LEGEND. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV4NpAnDV8s

28 June 2011 03:36
PUNKuate
Photographer

Surely if you want someone to know you want to work with them, you can message them and tell them?
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
28 June 2011 03:50
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from PUNKuate
Surely if you want someone to know you want to work with them, you can message them and tell them?

It can often (IMO) come across as being both blunt and cheesy if a message is received to that effect out of the blue.

If there was some way of viewing a simple list of people who'd be happy to work with you it could make things somewhat easier, especially for those of us who possibly come across as being unintentionally creepy or aloof with our lack of social skills in messaging people.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
28 June 2011 04:06
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Lists are very very useful. Emails get lost.

I have lists of people in different countries that I would like to work with on my MM profile.

Sometimes I get a message when they visit the UK and we shoot - wouldn't have happened otherwise.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

28 June 2011 04:40
Gazz
Photographer

Quote from PUNKuate

Cold calling emails are often ignored, which leads to countless threads about "common decency" and "why don't young people have any manners?".  If someone can see, privately, that you like their work - then look at your profile to see if they like yours - the ice is already broken and both parties would be in agreement that they could work together, or not as the case may be.

Quote from tarmoo
I think publicly viewable "Lists" would be a better feature to add. Then models can see which lists they are on and contact photographers directly who like their work.

Not for me!!  It just becomes yet another "Who's your favourite xyz on Purestorm".

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Just_Janine Krystald michelledefeo1 Welshrose2009
BOBREEVES copperbronze darimages dave@studio99 ellessephotography frankpht GGDP_Photography Lssm2 rscott360