Reminder Secure

Adding 'Favorites Option' Proposal

Gavin is off-line
27 June 2011 09:20
lke
Photographer

Nottinghamshire
Nottingham and London

On a number of occasions I've asked models about a shoot and they have said they have seen and liked my work but did not know how to approach me, becasue they were unsure if I would be interested in using them.

Both girls were already on my favorites list, therefore my proposal is this: when you add a favorite there is a tick box option to allow you to let the other person know you have added them as a favorite.

As a tick box those who want to add favorites in secret can do so - those who want to make it easy for models to approach them can do so.

Gav

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
27 June 2011 09:31
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

sounds good to me. Kind of like having Lists on MM.

Edition of You is off-line
27 June 2011 09:45
garymck
Photographer
garymck
London

is this a " Request for friendship” button?
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
27 June 2011 09:54
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I suggested something similar about two years ago HERE
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Hodson is off-line
27 June 2011 11:35
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

It might be better if it could include some comment that you would like to work with the person.

Perhaps two tick boxes - TF - or paid.

I hate it when people have 10,000 plus friends on MM.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
27 June 2011 11:37
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from mph
 I hate it when people have 10,000 plus friends on MM.

(I ignored his request when I joined)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Hodson is off-line
27 June 2011 12:06
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I keep having to refuse 16 year olds who want to "friend" me! Well - I don't have to - but in view of "grooming"
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Gavin is off-line
27 June 2011 13:16
lke
Photographer

Nottinghamshire
Nottingham and London

My thoughts are not about it being friends, or friendship requests button, importantly nothing public, no lists of who is who's favorite for others to see - the default being completely discrete and not to tell the other person they are on your favorites list.

If others are like me photographers who's style I like I've got in favorites - models who may be useful are also there split into categories.

I would not go so far as it being a tacit offer of work - for me it's just a possible maybe for the future if the circumstances are right and the right project arrives.

TarMoo is off-line
27 June 2011 13:31
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

I think publicly viewable "Lists" would be a better feature to add. Then models can see which lists they are on and contact photographers directly who like their work.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
27 June 2011 13:47
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from mph
I keep having to refuse 16 year olds who want to "friend" me! Well - I don't have to - but in view of "grooming"

I'm 46 I just look 16 
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Samanthajane4
ChrisD grahamsphotography Musicman Platidonio rembrandt westend_portfolios
Charlottealom