Reminder Secure

strange symptoms (one for the girls)

25 June 2011 13:12
rattusratus
Model

hi, i know better than to trust my medical health to a forum so i will be booking a doctors appointment as soon as i have some free time but i was hoping someone on here might have past experience or even some idea of what going on with me because im confused as hell, so heres my story:

i went to download festival on the 8th of June and (stupidly) got ridiculously drunk (i dont normally drink and was trying to keep up with the regular drinkers) and woke up the next day with a whole host of ailments which i put down to the drink (a bad throat, several aches and pains, a bad head and sore tummy)  over the next few days most seemed to settle down but my stomach got worse and worse and has swollen up, after coming home my tummy stopped hurting but is still very swollen at the bottom (i look 4 month pregnant) my boobs have now joined in a started growing and have become tender and started lactating (now this all sounds simple, im pregnant right - wrong) im not pregnant my menstrual cycle is fine, ive had failed pregnancy tests, i only have protected sex and i have a small child aka..no sex life (maybe once a month if im lucky and non with in this time frame or just before it)

im completely stumped as to what tis can be ive heard of phantom pregnancy but im not on any hormonal medication (i avoid them) im starting to worry as i assumed it would just go away and it hasnt, does anyone have any ideas or if anyone can point me to anything online until i can get checked by a doctor it would be appreciated

thanks

ratsx
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

25 June 2011 13:19
Toxicherry
Model
This member has been suspended

you can have phantom pregnancy without hormone treatment although it is rare also you may have had alcohol poisoning? however that only fits in with the prolonged illness and swelling of stomach not so much the breast thing. I think you had better go to the hospital to be safe as I know lactation can be a sign of some serious problems.

25 June 2011 13:23
dancingshoes
Model

Hey toots

Hope download was good

I looked up your symptoms online and a girl had similar symptoms. Hers was due to her contraceptive.
Might not be the same for you but might be worth thinking about.

Hope things go well and you figure out whats going on.

xx
"Haters are only jealous of you because you are a reflection of what they want to be"

25 June 2011 13:23
rattusratus
Model

to be honest its the lactation thing thats really strange as i didnt really lactate after having my son (i couldnt breast feed because there wasnt enough milk) and its just the same now (just mild dampness and one occasional drip as opposed to actually dripping or running or anything)
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

Chrissie Red is off-line
25 June 2011 13:31
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I think the best thing to do is speak to your doctor, i know your saying you don't have the time - well put simply - make time.

25 June 2011 13:32
Vas
Model

Are you on any anti-depressants or anything involving quetapines? They can sometimes make you lactate. The rest I'd probably chalk up to dodgy festival food and possibly weed if you were smoking it.

Melissa Tongue is off-lineSilver Member
25 June 2011 13:32
xxmrmthxx
Model
xxmrmthxx
Oxfordshire
Henley-on-thames

Have you looked into PCOS (poly cystic ovary syndrome) ?
I have that and I've had phantom Pregnancys.
Hope you find out whats up soon xx

25 June 2011 13:43
rattusratus
Model

Quote from Vas
Are you on any anti-depressants or anything involving quetapines? They can sometimes make you lactate. The rest I'd probably chalk up to dodgy festival food and possibly weed if you were smoking it.

no im not on any medication (except the occasional paracetamol)

i put it down to dodgy festival food at first but its been a couple of weeks now and hasnt gone away

p.s i dont smoke weed i hate the stuff (i apparently stole a cigerette when drunk which is why i had the soar throat but thats all)

25 June 2011 13:44
rattusratus
Model

Quote from xxmrmthxx
Have you looked into PCOS (poly cystic ovary syndrome) ? I have that and I've had phantom Pregnancys. Hope you find out whats up soon xx

no i dont know much about it but my mam had it, we never really talked much about it but ill have a look
thanks

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
25 June 2011 14:09
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Sorry to use capitals but GET YOURSELF TO A DOCTORS FIRST THING ON MONDAY MORNING. insist on seeing someone even if its not your usual doctor, Probably nothing to worry about, But as its been a couple of weeks I think you should get expert advice.

Paul.
ps. Yes I read the title and it does say one for the girls and i,m a bloke but just thought I should add my advice.

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
gadzooks2 guitarman mikehemmings Steveh32