Reminder Secure

Covering Bruises - Help!

Ed is off-line
25 June 2011 06:22
For_Arts_Sake
Photographer

Somerset

Slightly odd one, not related to photography but hoping one of you lovely models or MUAs might be able to help.

A friend of mine fell over yesterday and has suffered a black eye. She is a musician and this evening will be playing at a concert so would dearly like to minimise visibility of it. Any suggestions as to how she might do this?

Thanks!

Ed

Fizzy is off-line
25 June 2011 08:08
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Dermablend foundation is supposed to be good for covering bruises. Although I can't think of where you can get it over the counter (it's an online shop). If she goes into a big department store and asks the ladies on the makeup counters how to cover it, they're generally qualified MUAs who'll know some little tricks and products.
Art nude model - £35ph

Ken Smith is off-line
25 June 2011 08:13
Ken_Smith
Photographer
Ken_Smith
Nottinghamshire
Ashfield

Dermablend
David Wilder, Unemployed, 42, ROCK LEGEND. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV4NpAnDV8s

Misty is off-line
25 June 2011 08:34
misty_model
Model
misty_model
Merseyside
Wirral

Yes Dermacolour would be the best product, or any camouflage specific product (veil etc.) however you're actually not supposed to use them on fresh bruising for health and safety reasons, and also availability is limited, and if she needs it for this evening you're not going to be able to get it other than from Charles Fox in London Covent Garden or other similar supplier.

I would suggest MAC Studio Fix concealer as it's quite thick is probably going to be the best easily available option, and don't forget the colour wheel, if it's red try and get a green corrector to use under the concealer to counteract, purple is yellow, for blue use orange etc. powder between each layer for longevity. Hope this helps!
UK wide petite, flexible, professional dancer/model working to nude levels

Ed is off-line
25 June 2011 08:54
For_Arts_Sake
Photographer

Somerset

Thanks for the help, I've passed on the info but as Misty noted, not much time!

25 June 2011 09:33
Tansy_Blue
Model

I tried to find Dermablend in the UK once - their website wasn't very promising. Is Charles Fox the only UK supplier or are there other options?

Sorry for the slight offtopicness. =/
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Ed is off-line
25 June 2011 09:38
For_Arts_Sake
Photographer

Somerset

Quote from Tansy_Blue
Sorry for the slight offtopicness. =/

No worries, be my guest

Misty is off-line
25 June 2011 09:40
misty_model
Model
misty_model
Merseyside
Wirral

Actually for Dermablend you're most likely to get it from Pharmacies....normally it would be perscribed to people after a consultation by a Red Cross or other similar Remedial Camouflage expert. Personally for remedial camouflage I use Dermacolour which is a thicker product also suitable for mortuary makeup - Dermablend is thinner and only tends to smooth and even out coosmetic imperfections.... but I digress.

A quick visit to the Dermablend UK website and store locator has shown me several pharmacies in the London area which stock the product

http://vichyconsult.co.uk/local/en-gb/sections/store-locator.aspx
UK wide petite, flexible, professional dancer/model working to nude levels

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pinklilly
chandos FirstLifePhotography redtail steveh32