This thread is being watched by 1 person
Mansell is off-line
18 June 2011 14:08
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

What is the purpose of the email preview facility? Is it just to be idle and not have to click on the message header?

Does it alert the sender that it's been read, or rather previewed?   If not, why keep the very useful email opened/read mouseover facility as it becomes meaningless?
Or am I missing something?
The digital camera is a great invention because it allows us to reminisce. Instantly.

Paul Hodson is off-line
18 June 2011 14:23
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Didn't even know it was there! I assume it enables you to read the message without the other person knowing?

If you are not ready to answer a message it would be useful so the other person didn't think you had opened it and had not bothered to answer them.

I always feel a pressure to reply quickly - for instance with casting calls. Be nice not to feel that pressure.

Edit: sent one to myself. Does not seem to work the way I assumed. Odd!

I think it must just be to avoid taking you away from the "Inbox" screen
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Modeljo29 Sifx xamberx
Cheshunt83 cliffc davetse digineil dirkus duncanjames ellessephotography For_Arts_Sake forden_photo Gigar72 Gordee Hairflicks jackw James7799 jeffkeefe john_at_tina_spice keltica Ladiesman lester2705 lextalionis Lssm2 Lumen mikehemmings modelimaging Photojoe670 powerbook92 Rscott360 south_photographer steveh32 Stevew1 Willjamieson